Members | Sign In
All Forums > Help

Basic play for the Science station

posted Nov 06, 2010 16:58:41 by ThomRobertson
Let's make it easy for newbies and discuss what to do and what not to do at this station.
[Last edited Nov 06, 2010 16:58:55]
Creator of Artemis
page   1
5 replies
Etan Sivad said Nov 08, 2010 22:49:08
I'd love a translation for the Science Station. I understand that blue bar is supposed to represent the signal strength, but what about the other bars? What should it look like when a ship is a powering up weapons, shields, etc.
edmundrw said Nov 17, 2010 15:40:24
science should be helping helm set course for the nearest bad guys or starbase. These two stations working together can get you pointed in the right direction and away much quicker than reference to the tactical and long range view on the main viewscreen
Vorus said Nov 24, 2010 16:12:06
Another thing SCI can be doing that would greatly help the captain, HELM and WEAP officers is keeping track of what kind of enemies are nearby. When fighting a group of enemies, everyone needs to know which one is the battleship, cruiser, Krelian, Torgoth, etc. This helps the Captain to make good calls on target selection, and helps HELM to know which ship has aft weapons, which ships are more sluggish, etc.

Also, keeping an eye out for nearby (or in some cases, ANY) anomalies is always a good idea. If energy gets low, you don't want to be wasting time trying to find an anomaly.
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

The unofficial Artemis Wiki, your best source for Artemis Information
akjak said Mar 27, 2011 08:38:43
I don't think I've ever seen an anomaly... What do they look like?
ThomRobertson said Mar 27, 2011 13:42:14
You can see them outside your ship, as a spinning piece of space junk.

You can see them on the Helm and Science displays as a tiny flickering dot.

The science officer can detect them at long range using her sensor sweep. THen they show up in the right-side bar as "ANOM".
Creator of Artemis
Login below to reply: