Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Starting some ship to ship combat!!!!

posted Dec 05, 2010 02:36:32 by Vladimir
I decided to start a topic so crews could start to battle with other crews. Don't realy know how to go about this. I figure Hamachi would be a good way to connect us together to begin with. I have created a Hamachi channel called Artemis Battle. Password for the network is Artemis1. Catch me in the network or post here so we can start. If someone could start a chat room it would be better.
page   1
11 replies
Vorus said Dec 05, 2010 02:42:25
I have been thinking about this too. Hamachi should be a reasonable way to accomplish this. The hardest part would be being online at the same time as other crews, but we could post playing times in advance, if possible.
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

The unofficial Artemis Wiki, your best source for Artemis Information
Vladimir said Dec 06, 2010 18:57:43
Well, I posted this over the weekend and didn’t even get one game on. Does anyone else have a crew ready to take their skills to the next level? I have created a facebook page called Atemis Battle. I figure this can be a place for bridge crews to get in touch with each other. I have also created a chat room in Tinychat.

http://tinychat.com/vharkonnen

Stop in and chat about Artemis. Arrange a game or two. We were all begging for ship to ship combat, and now that it’s here where are all the bridge crews? If anyone elese has any ideas for connecting with other Artemis players I’m all ears.
qwertyuiopthepie said Dec 07, 2010 21:16:46
Ah, yes. If only it was more active. I have a crew shortly to be prepared, perhaps if a predetermined time may be arranged?
ShawnAlpay said Dec 08, 2010 00:29:22
Yes, I agree. Perhaps we could just choose a specific day/time and pile everyone into a single Artemis server. Thom claims the game is theoretically scalable to hundreds of bridges, so I'd like to see it happen...!
qwertyuiopthepie said Dec 08, 2010 01:15:41
That would be awesome, but who would host the server?

As to my crew, we're rehearsing for our shot at a free full version (uniforms and all, naturally), so hopefully be ready soon. Perhaps the communications officer can have some form of Skype connection to the other communications officers, allowing for inter-ship communication and an actual role for the communications officers?
Martok42 said Dec 16, 2010 21:53:11
Perhaps we could just post certain times our crew would be on, and a way to connect to it, so if another crew could be on at that time they could just hop on the server. It could also be more like a random encounter than a planned thing. So we are flying through space and all of the sudden we encounter a another ship! Also it would be nice to have a way to communicate with said other crew.
A vital mission, impossible odds and a ruthless enemy, what more could we ask for?

Follow the Star Trek, Into The Breach mod for Artemis: NegativeZone
Vorus said Dec 17, 2010 00:43:24
It's about time you got here . . .
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

The unofficial Artemis Wiki, your best source for Artemis Information
Martok42 said Dec 17, 2010 02:50:32
Heh, I know... But what I just said, That would work right? I tested setting up multiple ships on my computer, and it worked good.
[Last edited Dec 17, 2010 06:19:45]
A vital mission, impossible odds and a ruthless enemy, what more could we ask for?

Martok42 said Dec 17, 2010 06:30:31
Oh, something just occurred to me though. You have to connect to the server before the ship launches... So it wouldn't work... Ignore what I said... :P
[Last edited Dec 31, 2010 00:03:27]

theG57 said Dec 23, 2010 07:54:13
Why doesn't some one start a twitter account for gamimg sessions? What about a seperate forum group?
qwertyuiopthepie said Dec 29, 2010 22:45:03
We're planning a fight (demo version) at 7 GMT today. Anyone available?
Login below to reply: