Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Team "Artemis 1701" calling other Artemis players...

posted May 26, 2011 23:52:42 by chris.hall225
I'm captain FutileChas and 1st officer Chris of team "Artemis 1701", out of Marshall,Mi., we are ready too play with/or against others. Contact us at; chris.hall225@gmail.com
[Last edited Jul 20, 2011 04:05:34]
page   1 2 3 4 5 next last
64 replies
chris.hall225 said Jun 26, 2011 23:32:29
Captains log: Team Artemis 1701, played Hive76 on 6/25/11: BvB combat to start, 1,2,3 go, Artemis 1701 "attack pattern 6 alpha, engage" warp through lay mine and "boom"...Artemis 1701 to Hive76, "what happened"?...Hive76 response, "you killed us I think." It didn't take Hive 76 long to realize that we weren't messing around, they quickly adapted and the fight was on. On one pass Hive76 hit us with something that knocked our scanners off-line and damaged our forward shields (probably a nuke), we quickly pulled it together with damage control then noticing Hive76 trying to dock we flew in with another 6 alpha attack, Hive76 warped out in the nick of time. We tried to dock, in came Hive76 with a mine attack, we barely evaded in time. All of a sudden each of the two accessable starbases were surrounded by mines and our ship was running dangerously low on energy, I assumed Hive76 was low also so I gave the order to boost forward shield, proceed to dock and take mine damage..."Boom, Boom", two mines detonated completely lowering our front shield but we were able to commence docking, Hive76 saw our redock attempt and decided to do the same, not realizing we had boosted our shields..."Baboom"!!! Victory!!! Then after another round we found Hive76 facing two mines we thought we had the advantage, we flew in alpha attack again this time Hive76 hit us with something big "Boom", Hive76 had prevailed. We then played a round of co-op level 5, piece of cake for two semi-seasoned captains and crews. Thanks Hive76, we had a blast!!!
[Last edited Jul 10, 2011 20:13:09]
ThomRobertson said Jun 27, 2011 15:26:01
Thanks for the after-action report, Chris. Very cool.
Creator of Artemis
EricWethington said Jul 09, 2011 21:04:25
what is server address so I can dial in. I am heading to dinner shortly, then I can jump in tonight (after 7pm - Celeveland time)

maybe flying solo, or with 1 additional crew member

text me 330-350-6963 when your on

Eric
"... ooops!"
Last words of Captain Phour Phazier Phred from Phremont
EricWethington said Jul 10, 2011 12:44:05
That was fun... more interesting when when I played weapons officer and realized my internet communications with rest of crew had gone down. Hoping that they would realize I was dropping mines at pursuing enemies and stay out of their way :)
"... ooops!"
EddHessen said Jul 10, 2011 17:10:12
hey guys, I'd like to get involved with playing artemis online. I'll I'm eddhessen on aim or oddedd@homtail.com on msn or failing them, eddhessen@gmail.com on email! Thanks!
EricWethington said Jul 10, 2011 19:44:51
Artemis Class Cruiser "Jimi Saru" with at least 4 crew will be present. (Medina County - just south of Cleveland, Ohio)

Eric W. - The Drunken' Captain - "In Space there is no such thing as a DUI"
Steve P. - The Drunken' Nav officer - "hearing the rumble of my engines... "
Jon R. - Science Officer - "What the hell is that?"
Josh P. - Comm/Weapon Officer - "BIG BADDA BOOM"

possibly
Jim J. - Engineer/Comm officer
Spencer - Ensign (Weapons/Science)
"... ooops!"
chris.hall225 said Jul 10, 2011 20:00:33
Captains Log entry for 7/9/11: Long range communication from Eric in Cleveland, Ohio...game on at 7:00 pm. Eric beamed aboard and after brief introductions we decided to play siege level 5. Eric on weapons, FutileChas at helm, Pat Rockwell on engineering and Christopher Hall as captain. It was immediately obvious that Eric was a skilled weapons officer as well as a proficient tactition. Round 2 we jacked it up to level 7 and once again thwarted the alien invasion. "Veni, vidi, vixi"...Thx for joining in Eric!!!
Mike_Substelny said Jul 11, 2011 20:30:21
Great action report. Thanks, guys!
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
EricWethington said Jul 17, 2011 16:45:33
The Artimus Class "Jimi Saru" and "Artemis 1701" Cruisers were in action last night. Played a few duo bridge (Artemis & Intrepid) scenarios, and tried one Artemis 1701 vs Jimi Saru. Interesting night.

Thanks guys!

In attendance for the "Jimi Saru"
Capt/Comm Eric W.
Nav/Science John R.
Weapons Spencer
"... ooops!"
EddHessen said Jul 17, 2011 16:52:01
Yeah, I was guest crew on the Artemis 1701, via internet connection from across the pond in the UK, my first ever game, so thanks a lot to both crews to making it possible for me!
chris.hall225 said Jul 19, 2011 23:05:06
Captains Log entry 7/19/11: Just loaded up 1.50 Chas, Chris ran helm, weapons and comm., while EddHessen ran engineer and science. Level 4, ran a few manuevers to hone our skills. New ship upgrades where incredible, ship and crew performed admirably. Traveling to intercept a long range convoy we detected a singularity to starboard,I called to engineer "singularity off starboard bow"...I altered coarse slightly, "recomendations engineer" then I laughed, "other than stay clear of it". Edd had not yet encountered one so after eliminating all but one enemy ships we proceded to investigate. After checking it out at close range I gave the order to proceed into the event horizon, engineer boosted shields and we approached, then in came enemy vessel closing fast...Remainder of report classified. Nice job Thom! One of the funnest adventures yet!
EricWethington said Jul 22, 2011 00:46:18
The "Jimi Saru" is on "Shore leave" this week. Will return to action by July 30th. His crew will be training on v1.5 shortly after vacation.

Capt Eric W. of the "Jimi Saru"
"... ooops!"
EricWethington said Jul 27, 2011 11:56:28
The "Jimi Saru" reports ready for duty. When is next adventure?
"... ooops!"
EricWethington said Jul 27, 2011 19:05:27
Saturday between 5-5:30 I should have almost full crew available of the "Jimi Saru"

Capt. Eric W.
"... ooops!"
Mike_Substelny said Jul 28, 2011 12:47:54
Captain Wethington: any chance you'll need three players the second week of August?

My sister and college-age nephew will be visiting Strongsville that week and they want to play Artemis, but I don't think I can round up a full crew for my bridge that week.

Or if you like you could come over and play on my bridge some day that week. I am in Cleveland Heights.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Login below to reply: