Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Star Trek TMP Mod

posted Jul 20, 2011 05:29:44 by TreChipman
Well, this is kinda an early build and not as polished as Vorus and Martok42's mod, but I'm eager to see what folks think (I'm mostly worried about the weapon arcs, personally). You can download it here:

TMP Trek Mod

In addition to the images below, there's a few other goodies thrown in-- Planets, a shuttle, TMP Starbases, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated! Enjoy!

Federation

Klingons

Romulans

Orions

[Last edited Jan 27, 2013 21:17:00]
I'm not a mad scientist. I'm an angry one. You'd be wise to fear the latter.

Visit Artemis Command!
page   1 2 3 4 5 next last
203 replies
Vorus said Jul 20, 2011 14:54:02
Ah, very VERY Cool! It's good to see the classic old SFC ships back in action. (Excelsiors burning against the black of space are one of my favorite sights . . . ) I haven't actually played it yet, but it sounds very cool. And your VesselData file is very nicely organized. (Mine's a mess.)

I can see just one problem. The VesselData file references AtmoPlanet.dxs, freighter.dxs, and shuttle.dxs, none of which are in your zip. I think the game will crash if I try to play it without those files in place.

Other than that, it looks awesome, I hope you continue to release many more updates on this, and I'm more than happy to help out in any way I can. (My email is "RogueVulcan47" At a site that would make you want to say "Yahoo" and then a "dot com" )
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

The unofficial Artemis Wiki, your best source for Artemis Information
Clayton-Mast said Jul 20, 2011 16:01:18
They all look Outstanding! Good work sir, Good work!
Aka Masuto Nendo-Ton
Helmsman of the I.S.S. Tyrant NX-10001110101
Captained by TPherball McGuillicutty
TreChipman said Jul 20, 2011 16:52:28
Whoops... You're right, Vorus; I could have sworn I put in the Freighter and the Shuttle, and AtmoPlanet shouldn't even be there. There's a revised version of the file up now that (hopefully) should address those issues. Thanks for sharp eyes!

Visit Artemis Command!
Vorus said Jul 20, 2011 17:23:49
Ah, excellent! Can't wait to see the shuttle and freighter.

I played it a little bit (by making the shuttle and freighter just copies of the Kff) and it was very cool. I liked the rapid fire of the player's beams when full power is applied, and the ships seemed pretty well balanced. The Klingons each had gaps in their firing arcs that made them a little easy to fight, since you could just stay right in their forward view and not get hit.

But overall, it's very cool. I'd never thought of adding more than two allied ship types, cool idea!

-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

Vorus said Jul 20, 2011 18:09:11
Wow, that shuttle is TINY! That looks amazing! (I'm imagining a bunch of shuttles flying around a starbase in a mission file, how cool would that look?) Still haven't gotten to see a freighter yet.

I did discover one last problem, though. Since you don't have any Elite enemies, you can't play at difficulties higher than 2, if you're using Artmis 1.4 or higher. Copying in Thom's stock Elites fixed this problem, so you can just copy your ships and make a few of them elite, and you should be good to go.

I'm also surprised that you can name your ships "Destroyer", "Cruiser", "Battleship" instead of the normal names. That's really cool, because I prefer those designations to the stock ones for Trek use. Mind if I copy that usage in our mods?
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

TreChipman said Jul 20, 2011 18:48:04
Heh... Not surprising that got by me-- I generally don't play above 1 when I'm testing out the mod because I don't want things shooting at me while I'm trying to figure out if they look OK or not :). Anyway, that should be corrected as of now (Elite slots are occupied the Battleships of the enemy races).

Also, if you want to see what everything in the mod looks like in game, try downloading This Mission; it's what I used when I was testing things out. (Update: this mission now requires the ST Epsilon Sector mod to work properly)

Finally, regarding usage, if anything I've done gives you or anyone else some ideas on how to improve the game, consider it yours!
[Last edited Jan 01, 2013 20:18:28]

Visit Artemis Command!
Vorus said Jul 20, 2011 21:13:27
Huzzah! Yeah, I do the same thing with lvl 1 testing.

Finally, regarding usage, if anything I've done gives you or anyone else some ideas on how to improve the game, consider it yours!

Excellent, thanks. And the same applies to our techniques/ideas, of course.
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

Martok42 said Jul 21, 2011 00:07:33
This looks very cool. TMP is probably my favorite era in Trek history.
A vital mission, impossible odds and a ruthless enemy, what more could we ask for?

Follow the Star Trek, Into The Breach mod for Artemis: NegativeZone
Vorus said Jul 21, 2011 00:36:48
I really like how slow the ships turn. You seem to have captured the feel of the battles from The Wrath of Khan and SFC. It makes the combat feel more strategic, and gives the crew and captains have a few more seconds to plan their attack or defense. The more I play it, the more I like it.
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

ezmac028 said Jul 21, 2011 17:41:02
This looks fantastic! Two questions:

1.) Is this compatible with ver 1.5's new engineering console? Does the 3D ship view reflect the TMP class of ship you're commanding or is it the Artemis 3D model?

2.) I noticed when I fired up a quick test that you're commanding the Miranda class. Is there a way to change it so that you can command the Constitution refit or the Excelsior?

Keep up the good work!
TreChipman said Jul 21, 2011 18:42:40
1) I haven't tried it with 1.5 yet, and I don't think Thom's released any info on how to use modded ships in the engineering console (at least not that I'm aware of-- if anyone knows differently, let me know!), so I'm not sure.

2) Yes; in the VesselData.xml file (you can edit it with a standard text editor), just copy the ship you want (Everything from <vessel> to </vessel> over the <vessel> tags for ship type 0, then change the type parameter to 0. Then, rename the appropriate damage icons for that class to damIconFront.png and damIconBack.png, respectively.

Visit Artemis Command!
ezmac028 said Jul 21, 2011 22:02:23
Thanks! What kind of a bribe would it take for you to create the Ambassador class as a player ship?
Vorus said Jul 22, 2011 00:44:47
Just in case you missed it, the Ship editor for 1.5 is out now.
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

ezmac028 said Jul 22, 2011 03:14:22
I ran through a mission using 1.5 with this mod. The Miranda 3D model is actually incorporated into the new engineering console! It's almost perfect, except that the engineering systems grid of the Artemis doesn't match up to the Miranda's shape, so the warp systems are trailing behind the ship disembodied. Regardless, i'm very excited!
MobileMacTech said Jul 22, 2011 05:54:16
I second the Ambassador class ship, if possible.
Login below to reply: