Members | Sign In
All Forums > 20-Front

Tragic Mistake

posted Sep 03, 2011 04:53:05 by Charlie
Flying simulated battles running helm, tactical and engineer myself I began pushing the limit of my expertise. I've become very proficient and effective only withdrawing when all options of attack have been exhausted. On one mission I had successfully destroyed entire enemy fleet save one. I had exhausted my entire compliment of weaponry and was transfering energy to torpedoes when enemy broke through my aft shield. I went to evade and was faced with the realization that I had also depleted all energy. The enemy tore into my propulsion systems, I knew I was in trouble. Desperate to survive, I nervously reached for the weapons console and fired my last torpedo. I instantly knew I had made a fatal mistake, I could have transfered that last torpedo to energy and probably evaded. I sat and watched my ship get ripped to shreds. Thanks to the fact that it was a simulation, I learned a valuable lesson and now accrue the knowledge and hopefully the conviction, to make the right decision in the future, right down to the very end.

Capt FutileChas
Artemis 1701
Login below to reply: