Members | Sign In
All Forums > Troubleshooting

Blurry text - graphics troubleshooting

posted Mar 22, 2012 03:34:10 by JeffBeasley
Hi,

My problem: the in-game text is extremely blurry (to the point I can't read some of it) after I connect to a server or make a server. Before I do that, the text is perfectly clear. This happens every time I play Artemis.

Hardware: 2011 macbook pro 13" unibody with Intel i5 and integrated graphics (Intel graphics 3000)
Software: Artemis v1.61 through Windows 7 ultimate

I have uninstalled Artemis completely (deleted the program files too) and then re-installed v1.55, then updated to v1.61 and the problem persists without change. I also tried removing everything and installing only v1.55, but the same issue remains.

I'm also getting a periodic error having to do with a "D3D device" and then the ship doesn't get rendered from that point on. I believe this only happens when I alt+tab to change windows, though.

I've included screenshots of before & after connecting as well as a dxdiag file.
Has anyone had issues with the blurry text and found a solution? Thanks in advance.

http://i.imgur.com/7erSj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ljb9k.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/?7f467bl0g76odwm
page   1
4 replies
ThomRobertson said Mar 27, 2012 22:04:51
I suspect that your blur is caused by a change in the drawing filter, though I've never seen your problem myself. I'll look into resetting the draw filter; I don't know if that will help, though.

I'm also getting a periodic error having to do with a "D3D device" and then the ship doesn't get rendered from that point on. I believe this only happens when I alt+tab to change windows, though.

Yes, Alt-tabbing ALWAYS causes an error dialog to pop up. It SHOULD be benign, but it's not, and I'm working on fixing that right now.

Creator of Artemis
broderson said Sep 02, 2012 20:04:58
Had a variety of laptops over (macbook airs in osx+wineskin, macbooks in win7, dell win7, lenovo win7, acer). The Lenovo with intel graphics had this exact issue (blurry graphics) here. We couldn't detect any major difference in basic setup (windows and directx updates where synced up). Had latest graphics drivers available from Lenovo for the intel graphics installed.

Did not matter if you switched around resolutions from native resolution of LCD or super low full/windowed resolution (800x600) -- the text was blurry like seen in OP's attached images.

Happened for both demo and latest version (V1.65).
[Last edited Sep 02, 2012 21:10:51]
JamesM said Dec 14, 2012 05:37:18
Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks.
MarkTaraba said Mar 21, 2013 02:05:09
I have a Lenovo Yoga and ran in to something like that. It also has Intel integrated graphics. I went in to the intel properties dialog and changed the settings. It was at performance but putting the slider in the middle or to quality made the problem go away. Everything looked fine until I got in the game and then everything went blurry.
Login below to reply: