Members | Sign In
All Forums > Help

player(s)?

posted Mar 29, 2012 19:11:49 by domwilsher
I seem to get the impression that I cant use ARTEMIS on my own, and I need to hook up with some other players. is this true?
page   1
6 replies
CaptainZach said Mar 29, 2012 20:44:18
You COULD play on your own, in theory. You would need to start a server as the "main screen", then start a new instance of the game as a client and pick all the bridge stations. To get the real fun out of Artemis ideally you want to have 5 friends present at the same location. You can play over the internet too, but it's much better to have everyone present.

EDIT: I run single-player style games to test out mission scripts and ways I can break the game, but other than that it's better to have people.
[Last edited Mar 29, 2012 20:45:02]
Hissatsu said Mar 30, 2012 20:46:33
This game is about people "playing" as spaceship's crew more than its about people playing a PC game.
domwilsher said Mar 31, 2012 19:50:36
thanks, very helpful. i'll see if i can rope the other 'sci-fieinds' (a group of like-minded sci-fi nuts and assorted trekkies) to join the crew!
Hissatsu said Apr 03, 2012 08:34:49
Actually you dont need sci-nuts or trekkies. I have none, and still we are having fun with this game! About 11 different acquiantances and friends of mine, people of different tastes tried this game and loved it. Although of course being a sci-fi fan or a trek fan or BSG or something-like-it fan helps :)
[Last edited Apr 03, 2012 08:35:46]
greylond said Apr 13, 2012 04:07:59
While testing some computers to see how well they run Artemis I've played 3 or 4 "solo" games. I used 2 computers, one as the Server and one as the Client. On the Client I had all stations setup. I did a simple Invasion but set to Diff #1. It is possible to play and win but it is hard and takes constant concentration(especially for a relative newbie for me) as you switch between Helm and Weapons. Sometimes switching to the other screens but Helm and Weaps were the ones that I used most.

So, yes, you can play Solo but I wouldn't recommend it. Playing it with multiple people are what makes this game better, IMO, than any other computer game out there.
lucas99801 said May 21, 2013 05:11:39
Resurrecting a year later to say that it is possible to successfully play lvl 8 solo invasion on a interesting sector with all stations on one pc
Hosting a Mumble (Murmur) server @ tsnfenrir.no-ip.org
Having trouble connecting to the TeamSpeak channel: http://tsnfenrir.no-ip.org/ts3
Helm Script for Numerical heading input: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10193809/ArtemisHelmFSW.zip
Twitter: @lucas99801
Facebook: /lucastarnold
Login below to reply: