Members | Sign In
All Forums > 20-Front

First gaming session

posted Jun 26, 2012 00:41:02 by FryderykWysocki
We've just bought Artemis today, and had a first go at every difficulty up to 5, where... well... everything went straight to hell. We were so engaged in one fight that we didn't notice loosing a base at the other end of the map. Then we've lost our last onboard nuke that was supposed to hit the very middle of a 16-ship enemy armada - it crashed straight into some small fighters, that somehow were not behind us any more (thanks to me, an unexperienced captain, that just didn't know how manouverable those small thingys are).

So... 16 ships, no nukes. How about something crazy? Collision course, warp 3, shields overpowered and double mine drop in the middle of them. Went better than I expected, but still only about two kills. 180 turn and repeat, this time on our way back to DS4 (the closest, and by the time we got there, the last one - no nukes on it anyway). There were two ships attacking it, which destroyed it before we had a chance to dock.

At this time, our ship was the last allied unit on the map, we have somewhere around 1500 energy, 4 homing missiles, 2 mines and some ECMs, and the enemy has a total of a crapton of various ships, including at least one behemoth, coming from courses 45, 130 and 280.

Oh, and there's an alien monster flying close by.
YEEEEAHAAAA!

After I've ordered a course that misses the monster only by 'bout half a click, my crew was undecided on wether I'm crazy or just plain stupid, but hey, it worked. A bit of abusing enemy AI pathing script, a lot of sitting in place (actually, we went to get some anomalies, just in case) and a lot of time... We've actually turned around to help the poor monster with every bit of ECM and homings we've got left with the last group, and thus we've got our first, relatively epic victory.
page   1
2 replies
Charlie said Jun 26, 2012 03:34:12
Nice!!
Mike_Substelny said Jun 26, 2012 13:03:31
Considering the things that went against you that victory was indeed epic!
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Login below to reply: