Members | Sign In
All Forums > 20-Front

Maiden Voyage

posted Jun 28, 2012 15:41:52 by isildur42
I took my ship, The Mortis, (and crew) out on a few simple missions last night. We successfully fended of several waves of attacking vessels, even tricking a few into flying too close to a singularity. After a short stop at base, we upgraded our engines to use the new Jump Drive. Alas, things did not go so well in the next flight. We look at LRS and see a black hole sucking in several of our docking stations. I order Lt. Cookie (Helm) to avoid the black hole at all costs, and NOT to jump us directly into it. I decide to test this new propulsion system. Set a course, bearing 230, aim for the other side of the nebula in D2. The first jump was a resounding success, right where we wanted to go. I saw an anomaly on LRS and decided to investigate. We jumped right to it, again, perfect aim from Lt. Cookie. Sadly, there was some sort of large crystalline creature that began attacking us immediately. Knowing of this creature from other captains tales, I ordered jump as soon as the drive was back online, all the while flying away at full impulse. We wasted a few missles in futile attempt to destroy the creature. Lt. Cookie activated the jump engine as soon as they were available and we jumped to safety...right into the center of a singularity. Simulation ends.
Captain JonĀ² Riley
The Mortis - Artemis-class cruiser
Federation of Humans in Andromeda
page   1
3 replies
Charlie said Jun 28, 2012 21:54:03
Nooooooo!!!!Sounds pretty funny, welcome Mortis crew from the crew of the Artemis 1701!!!
avbeeri said Jun 28, 2012 22:21:04
Oooh, nice story :) Shame the new propulsion system (and crew) were lost to that blackhole. Hopefully the escape pods were released and escaped.

Hope you have more stories to tell in future :)
Mike_Substelny said Jul 05, 2012 17:27:24
Great story. I hope you have more in the future.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Login below to reply: