Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Seiseki's UI Mod (WIP)

posted Jun 29, 2012 23:27:54 by VictorWir
Ever since I read that you could mod this game I decided I would make my own GUI.
I wanted to make it more functional and also remove some clutter.
The buttons and meters are nowhere near final, was mostly just playing around trying to figure out where each of the textures are used.

I also messed around with the fonts a bit.

Here's the progress so far.

(click on image to see full)

I still only have the demo though.
[Last edited Jun 29, 2012 23:30:46]
page   1
4 replies
DanielTommie said Jun 30, 2012 06:57:09
I really like the look of it. I'd love to retool the helm and weapons a bit, but I'm not any good at it.
samuel.p.metcalfe said Jan 05, 2013 22:31:25

Did you ever make progress with this? I'm about to start my own tweaking for me und crew.
VictorWir said May 16, 2013 02:44:15
So after finally buying the game, like a year later :D
I attempted to continue this gui rework.

But the current GUI is such a mess in how it scales images non-uniformly making them look warped, it enlarges small textures and sometimes uses super huge textures that are resized to be extremely tiny in game.

It's a huge pain to work with because you can't get it to look good in-game.
So right now I'm pinning my hopes on 2.0, because I really hope 2.0 fixes the GUI for real.

I made this mockup last year and I'd really love to be able to make something like this.

JSpaced said May 16, 2013 10:25:11
Apparently we've got a very nice, sleek and futuristic UI to look forward to in V2.0, but of course we'll want to mod it!

I want the bizarre, shifting UI they're using on the new Star Trek movies!
"We should give him the send-off he deserves. He died saving us all. Prepare a Rocket-Shed for immediate launch."
Login below to reply: