4 ship fleet maneuvers!

posted Jul 15, 2012 19:11:29 by EricWethington
page   1 2 next last
16 replies
Charlie said Jul 15, 2012 19:39:04
Way cool, everyone!!!
drvesuvius said Jul 15, 2012 20:33:34
"Oh no! The Dining Room's been destroyed!"

Absolutely brilliant! Well Done to all involved.
Mike_Substelny said Jul 15, 2012 21:08:10
Pre-battle meeting of the four captains.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Mike_Substelny said Jul 15, 2012 21:10:15
Captain Wethington commands the flagship Artemis.

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Mike_Substelny said Jul 15, 2012 21:19:04
The kitchen bridge crew in action.

Mike_Substelny said Jul 15, 2012 21:22:23
The dining room goes into battle.

Mike_Substelny said Jul 15, 2012 21:25:12
We beta-tested a new version of Artemis that allowed custom ship names. At one point this ship, which was commanded from the living room, was christened Battlestar McAwesomeville.

AliciaG said Jul 17, 2012 12:18:34
Has it been figured out how to do mulitple ships as different types. IE Artemis as a Battlecruiser and a support as a scout?
Looks like that was a lot of fun! Did you have Comms talking to each other via headsets and skype/Vent?
Join the crew of the Galactic Campaigns!
Mike_Substelny said Jul 17, 2012 14:53:17
We beta-tested a new Artemis version that does allow multiple ship types in one game. This feature, and numerous other improvements, did work properly. I'm sure you'll enjoy playing it as soon as Thom cleans it up and releases it.

ORION said Sep 07, 2012 04:09:58
Is the ability to custom name your ships out now? If not, any idea when that patch will become available?
Capt. Roy Farmer, C.O.
ASV Thermopylae
2nd Artemis Star Fleet
ThomRobertson said Sep 09, 2012 04:00:08
Very soon, Orion!
Creator of Artemis
ORION said Sep 09, 2012 04:08:08
Awesome, Can't wait! My friends and I love your game, it is a blast!
Capt. Roy Farmer, C.O.
ASV Thermopylae
2nd Artemis Star Fleet
Mike_Substelny said Sep 17, 2012 15:25:38
The new version is in general release now. We plan on doing another of these large scale Artemis parties on October 6th, 2012. If you will be near Cleveland, Ohio on that date friend me on Facebook so you can get directions.

TonyNunn said Oct 01, 2012 15:10:24
That giant 4 bridge party was in Cleveland? I host a game in Cleveland that usually has 2-3 bridges. Not quite as impressive as your setup though.

Cool to know there's other players in Cleveland.
Mike_Substelny said Oct 01, 2012 16:03:10
You're welcome to come to my next big Artemis party, TonyNunn. This Saturday we will be Beta-Testing Thom's latest idea "Elite Co-op Mode" to see if it is suitable for the next Artemis release. You'll be interested because it is intended for multi-bridge missions.

Friend me on Facebook and I'll send you an invitation.

Login below to reply: