Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Mobile Bridge Kickstarter is a Go!

posted Oct 09, 2012 23:54:24 by tieguyny
Hey everybody, this is the official announcement that the Mobile Bridge Project, a Kickstarter campaign to fund a mobile bridge trailer is live! Please head on over to check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/868111069/mobile-bridge-project-featuring-artemis-sbs

Here's hoping! If I may make a community appeal here: It would be great if anyone interested could "pass the word" about the project, as I'm sure the more exposure it gets, the better the chances it will succeed. I'm taking the initiative myself to promote the campaign as much as possible, on gaming blogs and sci fi fan sites, but no doubt you are aware of media outlets I'm not, and your help could really make a difference. Just a note, if you spread the word to people you know that's great! But when it comes to the media, please just let me know in this thread what outlet you have in mind. That' way I can contact them personally, and nobody will get a ton of spam regarding the project. Just trying to keep things tidy and polite!

So, if you have any suggestions as to places I could promote the project, please let me know. I owe a lot to the community here for suggestions and encouragement in this endeavor, and if all goes well we'll have a great new way to play together!

Derek Matthews
[Last edited Dec 12, 2012 21:20:45]
page   1 2 3 next last
32 replies
Charlie said Oct 10, 2012 03:05:44
Way cool!
FFDilithiumCryst said Oct 10, 2012 03:32:49
I wonder how many (mobile bridges) they plan to make with that maximum goal....

I hope at least 2!!!!

Bring it to the Bay Area!!!!!
The U.S.S. 結晶 (Crystal) in Fremont, CA is now operational as of November 3, 2012.
Win Count: 5-0 (between LV. 4-8)
Pronounced: Kesshō

"残り物には福がある."
"Luck exists in its leftovers."
-----Unknown
tieguyny said Oct 10, 2012 04:51:32
The funding goal is to build just one trailer, the cost of the rewards is what makes it so expensive (basically twice the cost to build the trailer).

The bay area would be no problem! I'm originally from Gilroy (right off 101 about 40 minutes south of Fremont) and am currently located in Chowchilla, not to far from there.

Don't forget to spread the word!
FFDilithiumCryst said Oct 10, 2012 15:28:00
It's sad that I really don't have a job to actually donate towards this project.....but I support it anyways!!!

Chowchilla! I always thought about the city as "Godzilla!" (Thought process: Chowchilla = Having lunch will Godzilla...)

I can't wait for the trailers to come here!!! Good Luck!!!
The U.S.S. 結晶 (Crystal) in Fremont, CA is now operational as of November 3, 2012.

"残り物には福がある."
-----Unknown
CharlesMcKee said Oct 10, 2012 16:53:01
Looks awesome, but I'm wondering about the station placements. Why isn't Science next to helm? I'd put Comms next to Engineering and Tactical where Comms is now.
FFDilithiumCryst said Oct 10, 2012 17:07:08
It's not really logical to put science next to helm.
If you look at the Star Trek movies, or even the Stargate SG-1 series, helm sometimes take the roll of weapons.

Therefore, weapons and helm should be side by side; engineering and comms side by side, and science should be solo.

That's how things usually are.

"残り物には福がある."
-----Unknown
Mike_Substelny said Oct 10, 2012 22:51:59
Good luck!
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Drake_Sirlit said Oct 10, 2012 23:07:13
I would probably pledge if there were comm badges for all the stations instead of just three. However, very cool looking kickstarter project.
tieguyny said Oct 11, 2012 00:21:19
I'd of loved to do badges for all stations, as far as designing them/ordering them it would be a snap. The problem is the cost, since you need to order a minimum of each badge design, and it's hard to count on that kind of call for each individual design. My compromise was that the badges would stand loosely for rank, so helm and tactical would wear red, science and engineering blue, captain and comms amber. I'm not trying to start a debate as to the rank of each station, they're just for fun really!

Thanks for the well wishes, and again if you have any suggestions as to places I can put the word out please let me know!
[Last edited Oct 11, 2012 00:22:46]
Thorn said Oct 11, 2012 13:57:00
Gilroy!?! Aren't you worried that the bridge will smell of garlic? Just kidding! Your project looks impressive and I wish you great success.
FFDilithiumCryst said Oct 11, 2012 19:26:38
Hey, at least if you're bridge is infected with a vamparic virus, having a bridge smelling like garlic will save your crew from utter distruction!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! (With a heavy Japanese accent {like in anime shows......})
[Last edited Oct 11, 2012 19:27:24]

"残り物には福がある."
-----Unknown
tieguyny said Oct 11, 2012 22:11:47
Hi everybody, here with another idea/request. I'm planning on setting up an Artemis table at a local gaming store (Game Kastle in Santa Clara, CA) for a couple of weekends to raise awareness of the Kickstarter Campaign. Anyone who shows up will be able to play, and I'm going to be passing out flyers directing people to the Kickstarter page. Would anyone else be able to do something similar over the next 4 weekends? I'm currently looking for someone with the availability/equipment to set up at the Game Kastle in Fremont, CA.

Of course, the more locations we could set up, the better. And I could provide the flyers. Please let me know if this would be a possibility for you no matter where you're located.

My email: dashinginventor@gmail.com

And please, if you have a facebook account take a second to like/share the post on the official Artemis facebook page regarding the project. Ultimately it will just mean more chances to play Artemis for everybody! Thanks again for your support and looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Derek
FFDilithiumCryst said Oct 11, 2012 23:00:04
There's a Game Kastle in Fremont? I don't see it on Google Maps....
I see it on Yelp....but can anyone show me a picture of this place from the outside?

I might be able to do it.....what dates and for how long?
Also, will you be coming here (confused)?

"残り物には福がある."
-----Unknown
MrSquid said Oct 12, 2012 01:02:24
I pledged when I saw you had MegaCon on your list!

I do have a question: I may have missed it in my rush to give you money, but how do I specify which shirt I want?

Good luck!
tieguyny said Oct 12, 2012 04:22:39
@ffDilithiumCryst email me and we can talk about it.

@MrSquid Thanks! If the project is funded successfully, each backer will receive a questionnaire so they can specify all their preferences. This is all organized/facilitated through Kickstarter.

Also, I'm looking for venues to add to the list and have been in contact with several Con orginzers regarding the possibility of appearing at their events. Please let me know you favorite cons so we can add them to our list.
[Last edited Oct 12, 2012 04:24:59]
Login below to reply: