Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Castle?

posted Nov 07, 2012 21:41:31 by TreChipman
Did anyone else see the nerdy goodness that was the recent Castle episode, "The Final Frontier"? I only bring it up because it involves a murder aboard a starship bridge simulator at a sci-fi convention, and has a ton of callbacks to Firefly and a few cameos from sci fi stars. If you missed it, it's available on Hulu.com
I'm not a mad scientist. I'm an angry one. You'd be wise to fear the latter.

Visit Artemis Command!
page   1
8 replies
Charlie said Nov 08, 2012 03:57:30
Cool, Thx. I watched a few Firefly episodes and was surprised at how good they where.
interestingjohn said Nov 08, 2012 16:55:52
Haha, yeah, we watched this last night, I couldn't help but think of Artemis through the whole ep. I wants that bridge! :P
crazymatt007 said Nov 09, 2012 08:43:31
Do you think anyone in the Artemis mission scripting community will tackle "The Nebula 9 Experience," complete with its cliffhanger ending?
Mike_Substelny said Nov 14, 2012 01:50:59
Okay, now I need to watch this and write that mission script!
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
TreChipman said Nov 14, 2012 04:57:59
Well, the whole mission part plays out in the first minute and a half of the show, so there's not a lot of hard info to go on from a mission scripting point of view. You get some of the background on the mythical Nebula 9 TV series as the show goes on, but not a lot. It is a fun watch, though.

Also, apparently you can buy Nebula 9 memorabilia.

And no, they aren't paying me to say this-- I'm just a huge fan of cheesy science fiction.

[Last edited Nov 14, 2012 04:58:32]
I'm not a mad scientist. I'm an angry one. You'd be wise to fear the latter.

Visit Artemis Command!
JSpaced said Nov 14, 2012 13:53:29
Wow! How cool does Nebula 9 look? I'm loving the cyborg computer too! Think that would be part of a bridge construction, if I had the time, money or space!
"We should give him the send-off he deserves. He died saving us all. Prepare a Rocket-Shed for immediate launch."
Cmdr.Brandr said Nov 14, 2012 16:26:31
Admittedly I thought the ship interior for the convention was cool. I liked the cyborg computer also.
Commander Brandr
Commanding Officer of the ship Calamitous Intent

-------------------------------------------------------
Check our crews adventures at http://nerdneerdowells.com
JSpaced said Nov 21, 2012 13:53:12
"I'm a fan of GOOD sci-fi: Star Trek, Battlestar, that Joss Whedon show..." LOVE IT.
"We should give him the send-off he deserves. He died saving us all. Prepare a Rocket-Shed for immediate launch."
Login below to reply: