Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

IL crew looking for occasional online co-op/PVP

posted Dec 26, 2012 23:29:45 by NigelTurk
My friends and I have recently been given command of an ARTEMIS class vessel based out of the Central Illinois region. We're all off in different parts of the country learning various skills (i.e. college), but enough of us gather to form a workable bridge crew frequently enough that we're serious about playing.

While we certainly enjoy being deployed in a highly advanced warship to help our poor, outclassed line ships alone, a lot of us long for the challenges of being sent on group missions (co-op) and facing seasoned enemy crews (PVP).

We are the only active ARTEMIS crew in the Peoria area, to my understanding, and even if we weren't we don't have the space to host multiple bridges. What we're proposing is a working relationship with crews from the Midwest in the form of online games - both cooperative and competitive, with communication facilitated by our mutual Comms officers running Mumble or Teamspeak (or an equivalent program) - and, possibly the seeking or development of custom scenarios that making cooperative play or PVP play more interesting.

Number of groups is not a factor. We would enjoy flying alongside/against one other ship or in a small fleet. If you'd like to talk more about this, clearly, reply here. Or you could find me on Facebook. Or, if you really want, you can email me.
page   1
10 replies
Astrotorical said Dec 27, 2012 00:11:58
Well... Im an Australian... would that be a problem?
AaronStrickland said Dec 27, 2012 01:13:19
I have a crew in Peoria.
AaronStrickland said Dec 27, 2012 01:15:51
Actually, I have two. Working on a third.
NigelTurk said Dec 27, 2012 23:06:01
Sorry, company was around! You being Australian is not a problem at all. The only danger is that our schedules don't match up at all. According to the Internet (which I just checked), you are 15 hours ahead of us. Considering the hours we stay up, however, we could probably arrange something.

Aaron, we'll have to chat. Preferably when I don't have company around (again).
Astrotorical said Dec 28, 2012 08:56:58
I am awake a fair bit of the time :P
so yeah, basically set up a time and ill have a go
hasanyoneseenme said Dec 29, 2012 20:49:30
I have a small group in the works primarily in Texas (Central time) what we lack in in game experience we make up for in other history and general knowledge. We look forward to serving with you
AaronStrickland said Jan 06, 2013 01:39:25
So, I am planning a big game a week from today. I will have a full crew with me. Plus anyone that normally shows up for Saturday night flights. All are welcome. Hoping to get some epic Artemis going.
Captain said Jan 06, 2013 01:44:16
Well sorry I can't make it. Finals that week. If you plan another later I might be able to make it.
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
lucas99801 said Jan 06, 2013 21:47:28
Hey guys. I am in the Cincinatti area. I'm still getting used to the game and have only played a few games with a populated bridge, but I am pumped to get my Artemis on. I'll be monitoring the forums for games but if you ever need an extra officer (in training of course), hit me up!

Twitter/Skype: @lucas99801
Facebook: /lucastarnold
Text: (859) 379 2108

Hosting a Mumble (Murmur) server @ tsnfenrir.no-ip.org
Having trouble connecting to the TeamSpeak channel: http://tsnfenrir.no-ip.org/ts3
Helm Script for Numerical heading input: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10193809/ArtemisHelmFSW.zip
Twitter: @lucas99801
Facebook: /lucastarnold
Radioplaya said Jan 07, 2013 04:38:35
I'd love to join in on this action!
Login below to reply: