Members | Sign In
All Forums > Help

Setting Engineering Hotkeys?

posted Jan 18, 2013 19:43:46 by DeaneGeiken
I read (maybe mis-read!) that in Version 1.66 that hot keys could be assigned to pre-set levels in Engineer. Is this true for version 1.70? And if so, how does one go about it? Thanks!
Commander -TSN Belisarius (BS 108)
page   1
4 replies
xavierwise.tsn said Jan 19, 2013 13:10:29
I use the Engineering Preset Manager. It is easy to use and stores your presets from one game to the next. You can also create multiple profiles, such as a profile designed specifically for missile ships, and load your game up with them already set. Personally, I have used it extensively when playing as Engineer. It worked fine with 1.66 and I believe it still works with 1.70. All the information and files are on the wiki. Click the link below to take you there.

If you need any other help, or advice on setting up presets, then feel free to ask. There are a lot of experienced engineers on here with different ideas, tips and tricks.
RussJudge said Jan 21, 2013 17:31:49
Presets can also be set in game with Shift-# (where # is 0-9). The keys used for setting presets can be adjusted by editing the controls.ini file in the Artemis install folder.
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

EricMallory said Feb 02, 2013 17:48:57
To get your presets to save and work the next time you launch Artemis, you have to run Artemis as an administrator. Artemis needs to run as an admin to save changes to the controls.ini file. This detail frustrated our Engineer for some time until we figured it out. Now that we have presets we like, we put the control.ini file on our installation disk to copy to a new computer/installation when we start so anyone can play Eng and have the presets we're all familiar with.
RussJudge said Feb 04, 2013 14:00:43
I made a recent update to Artemis Mod Loader that allows you to configure your Engineering Presets, and it is modeled after the Engineering Preset Manager mentioned by xavierwise. It also has the advantage of not requiring Administrator privilege to use, plus it offers a simple way of sharing the presets file around.

The Engineering Presets Manager in Artemis Mod Loader can be found under "Settings".
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

Login below to reply: