Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Mass Effect Mod

posted Jan 29, 2013 13:21:55 by MarkBell
So, this is turning into yet another mod :P I'm thinking this will behave a bit different than my star trek mod - first and foremost, no nukes. The Disruptor torpedoes are kinda like ECMs, so I figure you'll get a decent number of homing and ECM torps. The Normandy is fast and maneuverable with a decent set of guns out front. Most of the rest of the ships have a big gun in front plus CIWS scattered around. The Stealth feature of the Normandy is already inherent in the enemy AI stack - they ignore you until you start attacking, since they're heading for the bases anyways. Ships will have a long but very narrow firing arc for the main gun. It will be up to the helmsman, weapons and science officers to coordinate avoiding enemy arcs while positioning yours favorably. Good luck, soldiers.

Current Ships:
Alliance:
Cruiser ME1
Dreadnaught ME1
Cruiser ME3
Dreadnaught ME3
Gunship
Fighter ME1
Fighter ME3
Shuttle
Normandy SR2
Normandy SR1
Freighter
Solar Array - station?

Quarian:
Migrant Fleet Ring Ship

Turian:
Frigate
Fighter

Asari:
Destiny Ascension

Cerberus
Gunship
Dropship
Fighter
Cruiser

Geth:
Fighter
Cruiser
Dreadnaught

Collector:
Fighter
Ship

Reaper:
Sovereign
Destroyer

Other:
Shadow Broker
Various damaged and broken ship parts
Escape pod - I'm thinking this will be the anomalies you can pick up for energy boosts

[Last edited Feb 04, 2013 17:54:56]
page   1 2 3 next last
45 replies
CaptainZach said Jan 29, 2013 15:46:12
Yes there would be. :)
Charlie said Jan 29, 2013 15:54:21
Way cool
MarkBell said Jan 29, 2013 19:00:14
So, I'm going through and baking decals on and doing engine glows by hand and such. For your quick edification:

Captain said Jan 30, 2013 00:23:38
very nice. I really love it. Would you consider doing more ships from mass effect. I don't do graphic design or I would do it myself but I really would like to make a mission around some of these ships.
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
MarkBell said Jan 30, 2013 00:36:19
Now with engines and decals! Actual model, internals, xml snippet and textures to follow.

@Captain - yeah, I definitely could do that. I'll need to find more models to convert, but I'll add it to my queue :-)
Captain said Jan 30, 2013 01:06:20
very nice. Can't wait to see what else you create. and thanks.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
JohnKlingbeil said Jan 30, 2013 14:24:41
love it!
MarkBell said Jan 30, 2013 20:59:20
Ok, so I'll probably get some grief for this, but I've never actually played any of the ME games. There are, however, a buggerton of resources for making game mods with, namely meshes and textures. However, knowing basically nothing about the game, what all ships etc would I need for the mod? A friend (the one who wanted the Normandy in the first place) has been giving me some insight, and here's what I've found so far. (I may actually have more currently, some of these files are.... not well organized.) Are there any ships etc that would really be necessary to make a Mass Effect mod?

I figure this would be the player/ally side:
Alliance:
Fighter in red, and in blue (ME1/ME2/3?)
Cruiser/Dreadnaught in red/blue (a bit confused, the same model is called both, depending on the resource)
Normandy SV1
Normandy SV2
Gunship

Turien
Frigate

--

I figure this would be the enemy side:
Cerberus
Fighter
Cruiser
Gunship
Dropship

Geth
Dreadnaught
Fighter

Reaper
Sovereign?
Harbinger?
Destroyer?

--

Other:
Mass Relay
Shadow Broker
Captain said Jan 30, 2013 21:42:11
I have played the games and here is generally what you would want to make.

Alliance
Normandy
Fighter
capital ship

Turian
Fighter
Capital ship
Frigate

Asari
Destiny Ascension

Collectors
Ship
Base
Fighter(has a name will find it)

Geth
You got all of those

Cerberus is also covered

Also the Quarian fleet. There capital ship the only major one

There is two types of reapers and harbinger is a larger version

The citadel is THE space station in the game, Omega as well.

I think that covers all major ships. There are a host of smaller ones as well of course but they are mostly non-essential. The list I made also includes ships you wouldn't need but are pretty cool. The list you have suffices but it would be better if you added the asari ship. Beyond that the rest I mentioned are nice but unnecessary ships.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
MarkBell said Jan 30, 2013 23:28:10
Ok, I've got the destiny ascension, the geth bomber, and a quarian Migrant Fleet ring ship - this will probably be a transport/cargo ship for artemis. Still working on finding stations that aren't just 200+ random stair and wall sections :P
Captain said Jan 30, 2013 23:29:44
hmmm...I can't really think of a station form mass effect. Your best bet is the citadel or Omega.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
MarkBell said Jan 30, 2013 23:33:58
Hm. Both those stations are a tad on the large side to use at full scale for Artemis (44km long? Artemis map is only 100km long :P) . Suggestions? The mass relay is still like 15km long. Maybe just the stock Artemis stations as "resupply/refuling depots."
Captain said Jan 30, 2013 23:35:19
Yeah that is probably best. It would be cool to have the citadel and Omega but you are right they are far to large. Yeah the basic Artemis ones are best.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
MarkBell said Jan 30, 2013 23:36:40
Well, if I can find a citadel or Omega model I'll include it in the mod and set its type to Citadel or Omega respectively. That way it can be used in a mission, at least, but it's just not really set for Invasion mode :P
Captain said Jan 30, 2013 23:38:48
I will look around to see if there is any smaller stations. And it would be coll to see the citadel but the size of it would just be beyond imagination.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
Login below to reply: