Members | Sign In
All Forums > Development

More languages.

posted Feb 02, 2013 09:09:57 by MirkoMariano
Hello

As first i have to thank you for this great game, i hadn't the Chance to Play it with my friends till yet but from what i've seen it seems to be funny.
While looking on the game to learn a bit about it i've noticed that's really intuitive and simple to apprend, if you can english. That's where i will have to explain and translate the most things to my friends when we will play. Also i could imagine that more People out there have this Problem since there are really many "older generation" players and Trekkies that can't understand english.
Those Facts lead me to that question, even if i know that you've written in the FAQs that you don't Need help.
I speak fluid italian and german and would like to propose my knowledge to translate this wonderful game in those languages so that you can spread it out further in this world. Of course free of charge, you've deserved the 40$ for the game and also you deserve such free help :)

greets
Mirko
page   1
5 replies
MirkoMariano said Feb 10, 2013 09:35:32
/bump

really no interesst? :/
Mike_Substelny said Feb 11, 2013 21:55:11
Several players have requested that I make my mission scripts available in other languages. I will probably get the spoken dialogue from one or two missions translated into German this spring, and perhaps Japanese this summer.

That won't affect the console labels, but at least you would have the choice so interact with ships that speak in those languages.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
MirkoMariano said Feb 12, 2013 09:11:02
Thank you for reply.
Honestly i think it's a bit nonsense to only translate some mission dialogues, i can't imagine how it could help someone. But i can understand if the source code isn't build to add other languages on the console labels.
Well then i will also have to play as "universal translator" while playing with my friends :).
JensMöller said Jul 26, 2013 09:49:40
Hi, I'm from Germany also fascinated by the game and am looking forward to the Verion 2.0. However, I agree I agree Mirko, that it would have been if the texts would be available in other languages​​.
I'm thinking of language files that can be selected in the options menu and can be created by the users themselves. Is indeed made ​​for websites and so is a good idea, I think.
Otherwise, keep it up. You got something made ​​great on its feet. Respect.
pupbrad said Jul 26, 2013 21:52:04
As someone who plays with many other foreign players, this would be a great idea. I don't know how long it would take to add this specific feature, but to get Artemis out to as many as possible, it might be a good idea to have some other languages as well.
Login below to reply: