Members | Sign In
All Forums > Troubleshooting

Ship Mods

posted Feb 08, 2013 03:26:10 by Wayne_Smiley
I found out how to modify the ships using the ship modulator, but now I'm trying to figure out how to add the newly created ship to be a playable ship, any thoughts?
[Last edited Feb 08, 2013 03:59:44]
page   1
5 replies
MarkBell said Feb 08, 2013 10:48:24
Pretty straightforward , modify the vesselData file to use your new model instead of the stock one.

There are a few threads in off-topic on this, but you can edit the file in notepad and it should be pretty obvious what to do.
RussJudge said Feb 08, 2013 14:27:52
Using the Artemis Mod Loader will make it easier--you might try messing around with that and using the vesselData editor in it.
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

MarkBell said Feb 08, 2013 14:29:46
+1 that, especially with the snazzy new 3.0 :)
Wayne_Smiley said Feb 09, 2013 04:39:01
Thanks for all your info, I'm trying to get the Mod Loader to work and I get it to open but then it immediately gives me an error and then shuts down. I uninstalled it then reinstalled it and even tried repairing it and it still shuts itself down.
RussJudge said Feb 11, 2013 13:44:31
It does require .NET 4.0 installed.

If the error is due to a problem with the application itself, there should be a log file I can look at. You can find any log file at (for Windows 7):

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Russ Judge\ArtemisModLoader\application.log

where "<username>" is your username you used for logging into Windows.

The location for Windows XP will be different, and I can provide that if you are running Windows XP.

If you can get that log file, you can email to russjudge <at> gmail.com
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

Login below to reply: