Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Online TSN RP Community; Join the TSN!

posted Feb 10, 2013 11:07:06 by xavierwise.tsn
A month back I began recruiting a permanent crew for the TSN Falcon. I posted on the forums as well as on my blog and I had many replies about joining the RP group. The TSN Falcon was only to be the first ship, and officers were to be trained and promoted as the RP went on. Eventually, after a couple of months (7/8 sessions) one officer would reach a command role and then be offered a captaincy of their own vessel. They would then have to recruit and train there own crew. The intention was to build a large RP community of ranking officers and trained and experienced crews that could operate independently, or as a larger formation such as a Division. Two problems occurred however. There were a lot of people who wanted to join, but could not make it on a a regular basis, and there were only six places available to begin with. Any additional people wanting to join would have to wait weeks or months until they could become a member of the RP group.

Last night I had an idea to address and solve both these issues. I intend to create a TSN RP community online, which people can join as members no matter what their experience or availability, but which will allow everyone to participate, playing in an RP role and having regular games. I have already written the TSN RP document for people to read and have uploaded it to the Wiki site. I am in the process of re-writing the RP group page of the wiki and making it available from the main page too. In addition to this, I am going to write an 'etiquette' document, detailing the way people should participate in the game (using rank structure, formalities etc).

If you are interested, check out the document for all the details: The TSN (Online RP group) (Note, this document is a work in progress so may change. If it does change, a notice will be posted here as well as on the Wiki site and RP community group)
[Last edited Feb 20, 2013 18:23:26]
page   1
9 replies
xavierwise.tsn said Feb 10, 2013 12:14:59
The RP community page is now complete and a link has been added to the main wiki page. All the details of the RP community have been included in a PDF named "The TSN" for players to read through and view. Additional documents and resources will be uploaded to this wiki page for players to access.
lucas99801 said Feb 10, 2013 12:28:01
I like this idea a lot. There are a lot of talented players who can't make it regularly that would benefit the ranks of the TSN, if only occasionally.

I will look over the documentation and provide some feedback.
Hosting a Mumble (Murmur) server @ tsnfenrir.no-ip.org
Having trouble connecting to the TeamSpeak channel: http://tsnfenrir.no-ip.org/ts3
Helm Script for Numerical heading input: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10193809/ArtemisHelmFSW.zip
Twitter: @lucas99801
Facebook: /lucastarnold
xavierwise.tsn said Feb 10, 2013 14:33:49
I have had some additional ideas which I am going to add.

1. For those wishing to join and contribute, but not wanting to hold an officer rank, they can join as a Civilian member. Civilian members can be either Active or Casual members. A Civilian member can contribute to the TSN RP community in a number of ways; they can apply to become a Civilian Instructor (CI). After being a Civilian member for a period of time, they can submit their interest in becoming a Civilian Instructor. An application to become a CI will be reviewed by TSN command and an interview arranged. If they pass then they will be able contribute to and organise training for TSN officers. A Civilian Instructor could do this by: writing mission scripts for training or by participating and creating training programs (collaborating with members of TSN corps). Senior CI's may also be asked to write missions for official TSN vessels or help with the management of TSN records and admin tasks. All the work and training created or undertaken by a Civilian or Civilian Instructor will be reviewed by TSN Command to ensure that it meets the standards of the TSN community (i.e. it is appropriate and in keeping with the style of RP).

2. When a ranking officer (i.e. Ensign and above) changes their membership from Active to Casual, they keep their rank, however they become a reserve officer. Their rank will reflect this, e.g. Ensign (R) Hollister. They will not be permanent members of any crew, however can be assigned to a vessel if the vessel is under strength and they are available.
xavierwise.tsn said Feb 10, 2013 15:40:49
The application form for the TSN RP community has been uploaded to the Artemis Wiki. To apply, download the form, complete it and send it to xavierwise.tsn@gmail.com. Applications will be processed as promptly as possible and a confirmation email sent back to you. Please note, Google+ will be used as one of the main communication channels for the RP group, so please ensure you are able to access this service. The other main method of communication will be through Teamspeak.

If you have trouble accessing the document due to the saved format (.doc), contact me directly and a compatible format can be determined and created for you.
[Last edited Feb 10, 2013 15:45:05]
xavierwise.tsn said Feb 14, 2013 18:51:49
I shall be on this weekend (Saturday) for most of the day so people can ask questions, discuss the RP or join up (as much as I can manage anyway. I'll post details on here regarding a teamspeak channel that I will set up and attempt to keep active all day. You can also email me at xavierwise.tsn@gmail.com or post on this thread.

This weekend, I also intend to sort out some more documents and add some additional details (see above) to existing documents.
xavierwise.tsn said Feb 16, 2013 12:52:58
Online in the usual TS channel:

Channel: Artemis SBS
Password: Artemis1
xavierwise.tsn said Feb 20, 2013 18:36:38
Recruitment continues for the TSN RP Community. There are several members already but more are needed. The more that we can get the better. Head to the wiki RP pages, grab an application and get it filled in. All the details can be found there.

Anyone can join, whether as a active member (attending at least 3 times a month) or as a casual member (less than 3 times a month) you can play as an officer of the TSN, building a career profile and honing your expertise, take part as a civilian member, scripting missions and sorting training. Players can become members of TSN vessels, progress through rankings and gain qualifications and awards. Academy vessels will be flying every session, so you will be certain to get a game in.

Official RP sessions are to be held every Saturday. Hopefully we can have an official launch on 2nd March with a large online community of RP players meeting as new officers of the TSN RP Community!

Join the fight
Captain said Mar 02, 2013 20:11:21
Games on. Anyone joining.
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
Jrok said Mar 02, 2013 20:41:36
:( stuck at work for another 4 hours, then i am!!!
Vladimir_Zukoski
Login below to reply: