Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Artemis at DragonCon 2013, Atlanta GA?

posted Feb 14, 2013 06:17:30 by LawsonThompson
Anyone here attend DragonCon? I've been to about 5 of the past 10 of them. For what it's worth: I learned about Artemis from a video clip shown on the DragonCon 2011 YouTube page.

I've become quite intrigued by Artemis and would enjoy helping spread it around DragonCon in Atlanta, GA over Labor Day weekend. Artemis hits that sweet spot between the Digital Gaming and LARP tracks. Totally not speaking on behalf of the 'con at all--just a fan. I think there's a great opportunity for Thom to gain a lot of new fans here.

Is anyone planning to attend? I could volunteer network configuration skills, PC troubleshooting/setup, three (old but functional) LCD touchscreens, and would love to help novice crews get up and running in their first few games.

If nothing else, I might attend the Mar 23 volunteer meeting to see if the PC gaming track folks are interested.
page   1
3 replies
Wacko said Mar 01, 2013 04:52:33
Yea, let's get a few games together!

I wanted to do this last year but didn't get enough interest. I scouted out the game room and think we can pull it off there as long as we are near an outlet.
LawsonThompson said Mar 23, 2013 17:37:21
FWIW: heading downtown to the first DragonCon 2013 volunteer meeting today at 4PM. Hoping to speak with the gaming and/or LARP track directors and see if they would consider Artemis. I'll report back later...
LawsonThompson said Mar 24, 2013 02:48:30
I've got good news and bad news.

The bad news is I didn't get to speak directly to the director of the gaming track yet. *sad face*

The good news is that someone else "in the know" says the computer gaming track is indeed "in contact with" folks about bringing Artemis to DragonCon! No further details were provided.

Here's hoping!
Login below to reply: