Members | Sign In
All Forums > Help

Is there a way to set a custom time limit?

posted Feb 27, 2013 06:48:06 by badgeguy
I will be running Artemis for the Los Angeles Strategicon gaming conventions (3 times a year), and am trying to work out a schedule that makes sense with as little down time as possible. With 30 minute missions, there is always a couple of minutes of loss due to people hanging around at their stations and the next crew lollygagging to find their seats. This creates a rolling delay throughout the day that eventually eats up a slot or two and gets frustrating for the team that showed up on time and has to wait 20 minutes. Is it possible to configure a 25 minute mission instead?

Thanks.
page   1
5 replies
Captain said Feb 28, 2013 01:26:29
I am sure you could make a mission with a limit of 25 minutes. Where after that time the game ends. However that means every game played will be the same or you need to make several maps for variety. If you really wanted to you could mod the game. I however am no expert at that. I do know though that the mission idea will work I am not so certain for a mod.
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
badgeguy said Feb 28, 2013 07:09:07
Captain,

Thanks for the vote of confidence that it may be done. I believe that I may have used the incorrect terminology in my original post.

In "Invasion Mode / Layout: Siege", is there a way to configure Artemis to allow for a 25 minute Time Limit, rather than just the preconfigured "None, 10 mins, 15 mins, 20 mins, or 30 mins?"

Thanks.
Captain said Feb 28, 2013 13:35:54
That would require a mod to the game. I am inexpexperienced in that field. However, that would be the only way to add a new time to the other preconfigured ones.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
lucas99801 said Mar 01, 2013 04:30:01
Just have a GM with a stopwatch. You have to have someone monitoring anyway right? They can send comm updates for the countdown
Hosting a Mumble (Murmur) server @ tsnfenrir.no-ip.org
Having trouble connecting to the TeamSpeak channel: http://tsnfenrir.no-ip.org/ts3
Helm Script for Numerical heading input: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10193809/ArtemisHelmFSW.zip
Twitter: @lucas99801
Facebook: /lucastarnold
Captain said Mar 01, 2013 12:52:31
But they can't end the match. Well I suppose they could destroy the Artemis but that isn't really an ending. Plus does the GM have any powers that aren't scripted?
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
Login below to reply: