Members | Sign In
All Forums > Help

Help with 'The Waning Dark'

posted Mar 04, 2013 19:10:32 by TaigiaReilly
Last night my crew and I were at a LAN party and after beating invasion on level 11 we decided to try a mission. We went with 'The Waning Dark'. The comms officers got the transmission about scanning nebula and we started to fly through them. We got two of the three we needed and then were stuck. Three ships flew around and through those nebula for fifteen minutes before we gave up.

Does anyone know if something went wrong? Was it a bug or did the number of ships have an impact?
page   1
4 replies
Captain said Mar 05, 2013 04:04:08
Ok four things.

1. Did you wait until you picked up the scientis?

2. Did you destroy all enemy ships?

3. Did you go to the center of the nebula's?

4. Did you respond to all messages sent to you?

If you did all of those things I can't think of a reason for it to malfunction like that.
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
Jonathan said Mar 25, 2013 01:15:26
We actually had the exact same problem. I think it was the lower right nebula where we just couldn't find it. Eventually I tried it a second time and with more patience was able to find the right spot in the third nebula for the scan to work. It definitely takes some patience, and maybe some luck too.
LawsonThompson said Mar 25, 2013 03:12:49
There are 3 particular locations, and you have to be pretty exact:

1) Top left corner of sector D2.
2) Top middle edge of sector E3.
3) Top left corner of E5.

You have to be within 2K of those points to get a good scan.

*think* I wonder if a simple edit to the map to add anomalies at each of those points could help a bit...
Mike_Substelny said Apr 01, 2013 14:05:59
Were you trying The Waining Dark with three player-controlled ships? I think that won't work correctly. Certain events can only be triggered by having an object called "Artemis" in the right place at the right time. If you rename the ship it won't work, and if you have other ships they won't experience the script's events.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Login below to reply: