Members | Sign In
All Forums > The Artemis Universe

Meet Mike Substelny

posted Mar 14, 2013 04:41:58 by Mike_Substelny
Hello, Artemis players, my name is Mike. Thom and I are peer professors of computer game programming at the same college. Thom is an amazing programmer, admired by all the students, and if you ever have the chance to come to Ohio I suggest that you sign up for one of his classes and prepare to be blown away.

My expertise lies more in story, character, plot, worldbuilding, etc.. I have put in a lot of time developing and testing mission scripts for Artemis. As such, Thom asked me to develop some canon for the Artemis Universe that would help guide players and other mission script writers. I have done that, and the core of what I developed is available in the Artemis Players Manual.

I think that tells you everything you want to know, but I might be wrong. If you want to know anything alse about me please ask in this forum.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
page   1
5 replies
TaigiaReilly said Mar 14, 2013 06:06:20
You and Eric Wethington both have names that make me think of food. Or maybe I'm just hungry. Thank you for all your hard work. I hope to see more of your excellent work soon.
[Last edited Mar 14, 2013 19:42:34]
hancock.steven said Mar 14, 2013 19:54:32
Hi Mike, nice to meet you. :)
horacius.moreau said Mar 14, 2013 21:38:52
Hi Mike!

I'm really excited about this new forum! Looking forward.

A Journey Onwards - A fiction blog set in the Artemis universe. The story of a young man joining the TSN.

Mike_Substelny said Apr 22, 2013 03:31:04
Taigia, I have no idea why my name would make you think of food. Nevertheless I do love to eat. I can easily consume and burn 2,500 calories any day.

My mother is a DAR American and my father is 100% Polish, so if you like Gołąbki then the effect of my name is perfectly logical. :-)

Now let's go create a universe!
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
EricWethington said Apr 22, 2013 11:51:17
Now I need me some Beef Wellington...... :)
"... ooops!"
Last words of Captain Phour Phazier Phred from Phremont
Login below to reply: