Members | Sign In
All Forums > Help

How to use Missions

posted Mar 29, 2013 16:14:54 by primetime34
I feel really, really dumb because I can't figure this out, but if I load up a mission...how am I supposed to know what to do to complete it? Is it supposed to say something to me? I just can't find any information on what to do. I am using the stock missions and nothing is giving me any information. Thanks!
page   1
6 replies
ZacharyDanielBringham said Mar 29, 2013 22:06:15
With a lot of the stock missions info comes through for Comms. Make sure you have a Comms station ready to play before you start the mission on the server.
EricMallory said Mar 29, 2013 23:12:03
Most of the stock missions are the same as the siege missions: kill all the enemies and stay alive.
primetime34 said Mar 30, 2013 21:15:46
So is the "story" of the mission told through the comms station?
LawsonThompson said Mar 30, 2013 21:52:52
That's pretty much it. Some add-on missions even let Comms play voiceovers which literally "tell" you what you're supposed to do.
Mike_Substelny said Apr 01, 2013 14:02:34
My missions come with a Read Me file. If your crew has some experience then try the latest "Havoc in the Hamal Sector" from my website.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
lucas99801 said Apr 01, 2013 16:13:21
These guys pretty much answered it for the stock missions. But when downloading other missions it depends on the scripter. Some give a read me, some put the story in comms, some make you wing it.
Hosting a Mumble (Murmur) server @ tsnfenrir.no-ip.org
Having trouble connecting to the TeamSpeak channel: http://tsnfenrir.no-ip.org/ts3
Helm Script for Numerical heading input: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10193809/ArtemisHelmFSW.zip
Twitter: @lucas99801
Facebook: /lucastarnold
Login below to reply: