Members | Sign In
All Forums > Troubleshooting

Iphone/PC connectivity

posted Mar 30, 2013 02:33:25 by g.d.selwood
I've been playing around with the Demo of the PC version of the game and the iOS app running on an iPhone 3GS.

The problem I am facing is that as soon as my iPhone connects to the PC server, the app immediately minimises and loses its connection.

Alternatively, if I run the server on my iPhone and the client on my PC then the PC version stops responding after connecting, although the iPhone version does then start the simulation.

Is there something that needs to be done for cross-platform connectivity like this? I'm running Windows 7 and up-to-date iOS.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm eager to try out this sim, but this is stopping me before I even get started!
page   1
4 replies
LawsonThompson said Mar 30, 2013 16:39:11
As far as I know, only the PC demo can connect to a PC demo server; the iOS app is the full version and probably requires a full version host (either iOS or PC).

Maybe someone here on the forums could arrange to host a PC game on the 'net and let you join via your phone as a test?
g.d.selwood said Mar 30, 2013 22:38:20
Well, with the money back guarantee, I might just purchase the full version myself. I thought it might be something like that, but I wanted to check.

Thanks for coming back to me quickly on this though, always nice to have active support forums!
lucas99801 said Apr 01, 2013 16:07:07
Full version is worth the purchase
Hosting a Mumble (Murmur) server @ tsnfenrir.no-ip.org
Having trouble connecting to the TeamSpeak channel: http://tsnfenrir.no-ip.org/ts3
Helm Script for Numerical heading input: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10193809/ArtemisHelmFSW.zip
Twitter: @lucas99801
Facebook: /lucastarnold
RussJudge said Apr 04, 2013 16:26:51
If I had to guess-the biggest reason you might have issues is that the PC demo version is version 1.661 of Artemis, while the iOS version is probably version 1.7, which have some serious incompatibilities.
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

Login below to reply: