Members | Sign In
All Forums > Troubleshooting

General iPad Issues/Glitches

posted Apr 02, 2013 07:04:49 by AdmlBaconStraps
So now my crew can now field a pile of iPads, we've encountered what we think are a few glitches in how the apple version works (If anyone knows workarounds, let us know):

1. Using v. 1.701000 the pad couldn't connect to the server. I've heard you have to hit the 'return' button on the keyboard to fix this?

2. We constantly get version mismatch errors when connecting apple devices. It's effectively irrelevent since we dismiss the warning and it works fine, it's just weird (we use a win 7 desktop as the host).

3. Trying to fire the bottom tube on tactical brings up the keyboard keyboard. Again, not a massive issue - we still have a lot of green players so tend to play on lower difficulty settings, but on higher settings being a tube down can be a nightmare. This was also occuring on the engineering station when coolant needed to be removed - the 'down/reduce' arrow couldn't be used.

Other than that, seems to work great for us.

page   1
5 replies
Mike_Substelny said Apr 03, 2013 12:33:55
The iPad 1 cannot connect to the server until you dismiss the virtual keyboard. That's a known issue with the iOS on that device.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
AdmlBaconStraps said Apr 03, 2013 22:28:14
Cool. We use a mix of iPads 1 and 2, so I'll see if the issue was effecting the 2's as well. It was a relatively isolated issue as most of us connected fine.
MichaelRocaJr. said Jun 11, 2013 02:27:39
I'm curious. Did you have PC version 1.700 or 1.702?
AdmlBaconStraps said Jun 18, 2013 11:49:23
Sorry, I just noticed this reply.

1.702. Everything was as up to date as it could be.
blacklight said Jul 07, 2013 01:52:06
> 3. Trying to fire the bottom tube on tactical brings up the keyboard keyboard

Been since january since last update of the iOS app, could a small fix for that be submitted to apple at some point?
We would use iPads as our main bridge components, but we will need to stick engineering + weapons to a computer because of the keyboard focus issue.
Login below to reply: