Members | Sign In
All Forums > Mission Scripting

Multi-ship (Competitive) Game Mode

posted Apr 06, 2013 02:19:18 by Charlie
Welcome Captains and crew. This is a (Competitive) Game Mode with a Base for each ship for Artemis 1702.
By Lucas and FutileChas.
Use Artemis/Intrepid vessel names.
Each ships science officer should use the game master for their science map as to not interfere with the other ship.
Do not change the orders of the opposing teams station!
To Start:
Step 1: Connect all stations and DO NOT press "Ready to Play"...
Step 2: Start Simulation and Pause Simulation...
Step 3: Press "Ready to Play" for the Intrepid "Mainscreen"...
Step 4: All other stations press "Ready to Play"...
Step 5: When all stations are ready "Resume Simulation"
Recommended Difficulty: 3 and up

https://www.box.com/s/wl87nnpjvpga7b95ibne

Last update 4/9/2013
[Last edited Apr 16, 2013 03:58:23]
page   1
7 replies
Mike_Substelny said Apr 06, 2013 02:55:45
Very ambitious, Lucas and FutileChas! You guys are awesome!
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Charlie said Apr 06, 2013 10:49:24
Just finished. "I think"!!! Don't know if I feel like testing again, maybe?
Charlie said Apr 09, 2013 10:29:30
Tested out a couple of times and it seems to be working as intended. Just added a couple more waves of ships.
BobbyCulbertson said Apr 15, 2013 13:14:07
I loved the PvP concept here! Great work.

Couple questions: I see that you said you just added another wave of ships? When I tested it out yesterday, I only saw Artemis and the Intrepid. Did I miss something?

Also, in your steps to start the game, you have "Start Intrepid Main screen." Can you clarify that one? Do you mean, Click 'Ready to play' for the Intrepid Main Screen, then Start Simulation, then Pause Simulation again, then proceed to step 4?

Only suggestion I would have would be to have different clumps of nebulas and asteroids in different areas of the map to have more "hiding places"

Past that, wonderful introduction to PvP. What we have all been craving!
xavierwise.tsn said Apr 15, 2013 18:57:39
Played this and it was awesome. Chas and I had a damn good crack, with the two of us manning a light cruiser. It was a real tough challenge, but damn it was fun! It was a little unfair that the other team took a battleship though... If you want to build in a "handicap" for experienced players vs new players, taking different ships (light cruiser vs battleship) is one way to do it though.
Charlie said Apr 16, 2013 03:13:18
Bobby, thanks for the interest!
I see that you said you just added another wave of ships?

This was a "photo finish" to have it ready for a possible competition and I had a workable version at the last minute in case it was needed but then I went in and added additional enemies. So you still only fight with Artemis/Intrepid.

in your steps to start the game, you have "Start Intrepid Main screen." Can you clarify

Start the server and "pause" then hit "READY TO PLAY" for the "mainscreen" of the Intrepid. All other consoles can then connect before "unpausing" simulation.
Basically this ensures that all clients read the Intrepid correctly on the maps and allows every player to be ready for any Titles or messages that might come in relatively quickly.

At this point "Resume" simulation.

Only suggestion I would have would be to have different clumps of nebulas and asteroids in different areas of the map to have more "hiding places"

I think your right, at first I was wanting to be sure it was a symmetrical map but I will definitely add a little something.

Thx for the feedback, glad to hear you checked it out. Xavier and I fell in our first match but we did realize the other team switched to a different ship. I enjoyed the fight and went down with my ship...

Charlie said Apr 16, 2013 03:17:41
Chas and I had a damn good crack

I was relieved to find we had different ships cause Xavier couldn't have made a better gunner and I knew our attacks where "spot on"!

Even though we lost our first match it was a blast!!! Thx Xavier and I think twas Bob and Brad that bested us. Thx, great match!!!
Login below to reply: