Members | Sign In
All Forums > Mission Scripting

Mission: Cronus Patrol (TSN RP Community Mission)

posted Apr 09, 2013 18:06:46 by xavierwise.tsn
I have been developing a patrol mission for the TSN RP community and have decided to release it to the general Artemis community. Each time the mission is played it should be different (i.e. you will not encounter the same enemy forces all the time). I am going to add more enemy forces to make the mission even more varied and will update the file as I do so. A crew of 5 should be fine on this mission as a comms officer is not necessarily be needed (there are no allied ships to coordinate, just enemies to taunt and demand surrender).

It is essential that Captains read the mission briefing file before starting the mission. It details the mission, sector maps and includes additional information on additional ship systems and using gateways. I recommend taking a heavier class TSN vessel for the patrol (e.g. a battleship). Note; multiple vessels are not supported in this mission.

Any issues, then please contact me.

Cronus Patrol

Good luck
page   1
11 replies
Jim Johnson said Apr 10, 2013 23:35:05
I went to the link to try and download this mission. The mission orders PDF loaded fine; however, I can't download the MISS folder. There is a Sign In button on the screen, but nothing else.

Regards,

Jim
xavierwise.tsn said Apr 11, 2013 10:10:42
That's odd. Just tried it now on a different computer and not signed in and it has worked.

I have moved the xml file in to the same folder as the pdf. It should allow you to download it. When you click the file, in the centre of the screen it should say "No Preview". In the lower right corner there should be two options; one to download and one to open.

I am going to upload it to the mission script website soon as well. If you still can't get it from the link above, try there.
xavierwise.tsn said Apr 11, 2013 12:09:58
The script can now be found on the Mission Control Centre website as well as by following the link above.
[Last edited Apr 11, 2013 13:42:16]
Jim Johnson said Apr 12, 2013 03:07:41
I signed up on Google drive, and I think I got it to load. Will test it out this weekend. I noticed that this mission folder had only the XML file in it, while some other folders have multiple files. Is there supposed to be just the one file in this folder?
xavierwise.tsn said Apr 12, 2013 09:50:18
Just the mission file is needed (and the mission briefing pdf file).
Charlie said May 19, 2013 02:54:34
Artemis 1701 Mission Report: 5/18/13

Tried the Cronus Patrol on Level 10. I lost the station and was lost in space, but I did not go down without leaving my mark. I was a brutal fight. I had exhausted all munitions and fought to evade 2 enemies with my ship at 1.6% energy. I turned to engage the Skaraan Executor with 3.7 energy as I had weakened his front shield and needed to take him out when I had half the chance. He went down in flames and I evaded an Enforcer until I had 105 energy , I turned quickly and readied my weapons. No power to anything but Beams,my shield destroyed I waited till he came to me. With an exchange of weapons fire I took him down. Great fight but I lost the base! Looking forward to trying again!
[Last edited May 19, 2013 05:46:28]
xavierwise.tsn said May 19, 2013 10:20:41
Sounds like you had some fun with it. Did you not try to use the fuel collection system? It should be avaliable aboard your ship (as long as you dont rename it!) I cant remember if I have included an emergency backup system for the gateway in this mission should the based be destroyed. Should the base controlling the gateway be destroyed, a long range transmission is sent to the destination sector and the gateway activated from that end.

Try playing the mission a couple of times as well, each time it should be different. No two patrols end up being alike, the enemy presence will vary.

Any bugs you come across, give me a shout.
Charlie said May 19, 2013 11:14:30
I did not use the fuel collection system, I'm good enough at engineer anymore that fuel usage is rarely a problem. After the base was destroyed I went near the Gate and it did not activate, I don't recall a msg. But I might be wrong I was pretty fixed on the fight. I will definitely try it again!
xavierwise.tsn said May 19, 2013 11:23:51
A gate wont activate if there are enemies are still in the area. It is a fail safe to stop enemies using the gateways to attack TSN held sectors.
Charlie said May 19, 2013 13:08:17
Good call, I could've made it home. Ah, just as well I would have had to answer for losing the base anyway...
AaronStrickland said May 26, 2013 20:50:56
Gonna give this a play tonight.
Login below to reply: