Members | Sign In
All Forums > Mission Scripting

Good mods/missions for beginners

posted Apr 13, 2013 04:01:13 by TaigiaReilly
Hey guys,
Tomorrow night we are doing our weekly Artemis game and are wondering what some good mods are? We'd also like them to work well with the mod loader to make it easier to run the mods.

So what is everyones suggestions?
page   1
7 replies
TaigiaReilly said Apr 16, 2013 03:47:35
We got to try a few different missions. We played Kralien Pass, Wayward Son, and The Rabbit Hole. What are some other suggestions for good mission mods. We tried these on our own but we'd love input.
Charlie said Apr 16, 2013 04:15:39
Taigia, you have played my other missions? These are mine and a couple others. Right now I have: A Clockwork Torgoth, Belly of the Beast, Farpoint, High Stakes, Kralien Pass, Plan 10, Rabbit Hole, Something Torgoth..., End of Peace, Waning Dark, Trials of Deneb 1, 2, and 3, and Wayward Son.
Couple of these I haven't tried yet but can't wait!
TaigiaReilly said Apr 16, 2013 07:15:36
I will try everyone of those but do you have any other recommendations that are not of your own making?
Charlie said Apr 16, 2013 08:29:59
So far I've liked all of them. There are not a lot so I recommend trying all of them that work.
The list I gave are not all mine but those are the ones I can vouch for working other than two I haven't tried, High Stakes and Rabbit Hole. If I had to give one props it would be Farpoint. Also Havack in the Hamac Sector is a great mission but not sure if it's upgraded yet.
I looked on another PC and I have Defendors and The Eagles Wrath which I liked also but not sure if they are upgraded either.
Also Xavier has one he just put out also that I can't wait to try.
Captain said Apr 16, 2013 11:17:38
I can speak for Xavier's mission. We ran it with a 5 person crew. At first it was rather boring (it's a patrol after all) and there are all sorts of random events. So you may get nothing or you may get engaged by massive fleets. For the first half we got nothing then we fought off several large groups. It wasn't very difficult however if you plan on doing it I would recommend you read up on his FCS. I think he added it to the mission but I am unsure. Overall though good mission if you have some time. I think the patrol took us 3 hours. But if he added the FCS you could shave some time. Or of course if you don't get attacked.
[Last edited Apr 16, 2013 11:18:02]
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
Mike_Substelny said Apr 16, 2013 22:36:27
"Havoc in the Hamak Sector" has been upgraded and it works 95%. There are still a couple of little bugs with the Warsaw.

"Havoc in the Hamak Sector" is not suitable for a green crew. It assumes a full crew of six battle-hardened veterans who may have gotten on the wrong side of the top brass one too many times. It uses some generic objects so every station needs a copy of the mission folder.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
TaigiaReilly said Apr 17, 2013 03:53:37
My crew is pretty battle hardened. I have been putting records of our tours of duty on the 20-Front for almost as long as we've been playing, over three months now. We will see what we can do on your mission.
Login below to reply: