Members | Sign In
All Forums > Mission Scripting

disable enemy from surrendering

posted Apr 30, 2013 05:41:28 by anwoke8204
hi, we use borg ships in some of our missions (in conjuction with the GM screen and the Star Trek TNG mod), how can we set it up so that the borg ships will never surrender (as they don't in Star Trek). we ran a few senarious tonight, and all 4 times the borg ships surrendered. how can we prevent this?
page   1
9 replies
Captain said Apr 30, 2013 11:35:34
Just don't ask them to. Then they won't.
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
anwoke8204 said Apr 30, 2013 11:36:38
but what if the Coms officer does it with out being asked to from the Captain, thats why we want to disable it for the BORG vessels
Captain said Apr 30, 2013 12:00:55
DiSable the comms counsel. For a more specie way you'd need to edit the mod. Or the base game. There are AI stacks and you'd to set them so that the ship won't surrender. But I only know how to do that for missions. Implementing it to the game would be much more difficult.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
Captain said Apr 30, 2013 12:01:38
Sorry for typos. Using phone while on bus.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
Mike_Substelny said Apr 30, 2013 14:55:16
This should be easy. Just have your mission script set the Borg ship's surrenderChance to zero. I have never tested this but I assume it works.

If the players are actually demanding that Borg cubes surrender to them, the game master should throw in some quips about "Chutzpah is futile. You will be assimilated."
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
anwoke8204 said May 01, 2013 21:19:18
ok, how do I set the AI stack so they don't surrender, and where do I put in the surrenderChance 0 code at in the file, sorry im still new to this, we are using modloader with the Marks Star Trek TNG v2 mod

We only want to do it for the missions, not the whole game, and just so it affects the Borg ships in the Mod
[Last edited May 01, 2013 21:19:57]
Mike_Substelny said May 02, 2013 13:32:24
That is not part of the AI stack, it is a property of the ship. You need this line somewhere after your Borg Cube has been created. Assuming the ship is named "Cube" the line is:

<set_object_property name="Cube" property="surrenderChance" value="0"/>

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
tooelewhitebuffalo said May 26, 2013 14:16:39
We tried this Mike, It Seemed to work for a while, but now they seem to Surrender more times then not.
Mike_Substelny said May 27, 2013 02:19:54
Interesting. Try a ridiculously small number, like <set_object_property name="Cube" property="surrenderChance" value="0.0001"/>

Login below to reply: