Members | Sign In
All Forums > Help

Engineering hotkeys (WASD/EC) skipping or repeating

posted May 27, 2013 04:01:33 by LawsonThompson
While in the Engineering console, I note the new WASD/EC keys for moving through engineering systems aren't working consistently. It's as if the keys are getting hit twice and skip systems, landing on the wrong point.

The E/C controls for coolant act like they're hit twice each time I press it, too.

Oddity: can't duplicate this on a machine running the server and a client. Seems only to affect the client when it's running on a different machine.

Anyone else seeing this? It makes the keyboard movement feature for ENG useless.
page   1
4 replies
lucas99801 said May 27, 2013 06:27:03
Did you try replacing the controls.ini file on the problem machine with one from another computer?
Hosting a Mumble (Murmur) server @ tsnfenrir.no-ip.org
Having trouble connecting to the TeamSpeak channel: http://tsnfenrir.no-ip.org/ts3
Helm Script for Numerical heading input: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10193809/ArtemisHelmFSW.zip
Twitter: @lucas99801
Facebook: /lucastarnold
Captain said May 27, 2013 16:11:47
numerous people have mentioned this glitch to me as well. I believe someone posted it on the 1.7 update so Thom knows its a glitch. will just have to wait till the next update.
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
Jim Johnson said Jun 03, 2013 03:51:40
I not only have run into this issue, but also cannot set engineering presets on my laptop. Whenever I try to set one it doesn't register. In some ways it's more fun because I like making adjustments on the fly (has a more Trek-type feel to it). However, it would be nice to have a couple of presets.
LawsonThompson said Jun 03, 2013 03:54:30
Where is Artemis installed on your laptop? Windows 7 might not like to write the changes back to the Artemis folder if it's in c:\Program Files\

Try moving Artemis into C:\Games\Artemis or such and see if it saves presets better. Just a thought.

Alternative: try right-clicking the Artemis icon and see if you can run it as Administrator.
Login below to reply: