Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Fell in love with this game, please help our crew mod it!! (BSG MOD)

posted May 30, 2013 03:12:49 by JamesOtisRothen
(Prepare for a wall of text, sorry <3)
Hello everyone, my friends and I first played artemis at the Phoenix Comic Con and were instantly addicted to its awesomeness. We made it home, downloaded it, set up 5 pcs in the living rooms plus the TV as a main screen. The vanilla game ran well with only a few random crashes. Now we are looking into modding the game (specifically the BSG mod), with little success.

I downloaded the most recent mod, at least I think it is...12.8.9, reinstalled artemis, then installed the BSG mod to the C:/Program Files(x86)/Artemis folder. I can start the game server as a mission (I think invasion mode causes the game to crash?), however I get some error message when a client joins about meshes, then the clientside program crashes. Maybe I need another version of the game? The BSG mod thread has lots of confusing info I've been trying to sort through.

Can someone explain how to mod this game like I'm 10 years old :D? Hahah, its a lot different than other games i've tried to mod and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I've tried using the artemis mod loader but that crashes on start up as well (another thing I'm surely doing wrong). I would appreciate it immensely if someone would give me a step-by-step to set up this awesome looking BSG mod + mod loader perhaps.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
page   1
6 replies
xavierwise.tsn said May 30, 2013 08:48:27
For a mod to work, you need to have it installed on every machine that is running the game, so install it on the server machine and then on the five additional laptops/computers that will be connecting as client consoles.
animenanashi said May 30, 2013 18:27:46
I have tried the BSG mod as well, and found the same error. I had the mod installed on both machines. The connecting client always crashes with the same mesh error.

With that said, I'm an experienced modder (3D models, music, sfx, ect) looking to mod this game too, and I can't find a shred of info about modding it. All I want to know is how to get custom ship meshes in-game. Everything else is easy, as nothing is packed away. All the textures and sounds are open to be edited right out of the directory.
JamesOtisRothen said May 30, 2013 18:48:37
Thanks for the replies, I am aware that the mod would need to be on all participating pcs. I'm just looking for someone who perhaps uses the BSG mod already with success, and perhaps could tell me how they got it running. I also noticed that switching to jump drives causes the game to crash as well, which is lame considering jump drives are so important to the BSG experience!
DeaneGeiken said May 31, 2013 19:07:18
There is a new BSG mod that I have been working closely with the creator to test and develop. It works very well, and frankly, it looks so great that it might be better than the original game. However, it is designed only for use with a experience GameMaster using the GM console. We have been working on making it as user friendly as possible. I will get with the designer and get back with you about the link for the BSG mod.
Commander -TSN Belisarius (BS 108)
JamesOtisRothen said May 31, 2013 21:38:07
That sounds awesome!!! Please keep me informed! Any links to a website or screenshots?
DwayneShaffer said Jun 02, 2013 04:21:31
Login below to reply: