Members | Sign In
All Forums > Development

[Mod] TSN Vessel Overhaul

posted Jun 19, 2013 17:40:56 by LtMattmoo
Greetings Artemis community. My name is LtMattmoo, and I'm here to share my little starship mod with you.

Basically, while thoroughly enjoying Artemis I was inspired to add a few choices of vessel and fix a couple of things that were bugging me. So I did. The result was good. Now you can have it too.

This mod does three things:
- It adds 8 new lore-friendly(ish) and statistically balanced(sortof) TSN ships.
- It replaces the server-screen descriptions of each ship with something much more in-depth.
- It rescales the vessels and space stations to be more realistically different in size.

If you're interested, you can (hopefully) get hold of the TSN Vessel Overhaul mod here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1rhajwxgbycl26/TSN_Vessel_Overhaul_1_0_2.zip
If you give it a go, please leave feedback. I'd love to know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions for improvement.

For a quick look at the Readme, which includes details on everything this mod has to offer, go here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5cxwih3da4hg9y/TSN_Vessel_Overhaul_1_0_2_Readme.pdf

In the meantime, enjoy yourselves! And thanks, Thom. Artemis is brilliant.

Oh, one more thing. I wasn't 100% sure where best to put this thread so do excuse me if I'm releasing this in the wrong place.

Bye now.
[Last edited Jun 22, 2013 18:48:54]
page   1 2 next last
21 replies
RussJudge said Jun 20, 2013 12:27:23
I have now added this mod to the list in my Artemis Mod Loader.
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

Captain said Jun 20, 2013 12:58:02
What types of ships does it include. Do you have any list of their basic information. Kinda like the statistics for the ships on the wiki.
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
RussJudge said Jun 20, 2013 13:07:09
LtMattmoo has a readme PDF file in the zip that details all his ships. No pictures, though--you'll have to play the mod to see what they look like.
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

LtMattmoo said Jun 20, 2013 13:10:07
You can find an in-depth list of all the included vessels in the readme. The mod is not large in filesize so there should be no trouble downloading it to get at the pdf.
Would you like me to put a less detailed list up here?
LtMattmoo said Jun 20, 2013 13:12:43
As for pictures, the new ships use resized models from the vanilla ones so nothing will look out of place.
Captain said Jun 20, 2013 13:15:42
I would greatly appreciate a list. I am on. My phone so no purpose in download. Or if you could put up a separate download of list. Either will work. Thanks.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
LtMattmoo said Jun 20, 2013 16:16:01
I've added a direct link to the readme to the original post. I hope this suffices.
Captain said Jun 20, 2013 17:49:13
Thank you very much.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
Captain said Jun 20, 2013 17:58:16
Fantastic. My crew will totally be using this for our next game. Will spice up artemis. Love the new ships. My only recommendation would be to give the bomber rear firing arcs that way it is a complete bomber type. The forward beams will be useless and likely get the crew killed. When I play with my crew likely a week or two I will let you know if any of them are over or underpowered if you'd like. Overall though looking forward to this.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
LtMattmoo said Jun 21, 2013 13:00:11
I thought the same thing about rear beams for the Bomber but was hesitant as it seemed to be the Dreadnought's boasting point. I've gone ahead and made the change anyway. You'll find the links in the original post to be updated for version 1.0.1, in which the Bomber now sports a rear beam.

I hope your crew enjoys the mod. Please do let me know how it all goes and always feel free to make suggestions and criticism.
Captain said Jun 21, 2013 15:24:34
Ok. One more suggestion. The M-00 needs an overhaul. The reason is while the beams fire faster in 5s yet will do less damage than the standard arvonian fighter. With this being the case the fighter has no benefit. I would recommend that you make the fighter have very weak forward sheilds and very high maneuverability and change it to do 2 damage. As a trade off lower sheilds and fuel efficiency. That should make it a close combat fighter that needs to maintain its maneuverability and close range to be effective. Will make suggestions after I try it out but the rest seem balanced.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
LtMattmoo said Jun 22, 2013 18:56:23
Your feedback is valuable but I think you've overlooked some important details about the M-00. Yes it has a lower DPS and is slightly slower than the basic ArVonian Fighter but the crazy-high re-attack time gives it so much more potential. Not to mention that the greater firing arc makes it much easier to keep enemies under fire while evading their arcs altogether.

Initially I had thought firing every half-second would prove beneficial only in making best use of what little time you can keep enemies in your arc before you have to retreat to replenish shields but testing last night ALSO proved the re-attack to be very useful against large numbers of Torgoth drones. Players I allowed to pilot the M-00 easily preferred it over the basic counterpart.

Let me know if you still think the M-00 is underpowered after you give it a go. ;)

In the meantime, VERSION 1.0.2 HAS BEEN RELEASED. See the updated links in the original post.
Captain said Jun 22, 2013 19:05:24
Hmmm. Just saying the damage it will do over a period is still less. And I should be trying it within the next two weeks. I really am looking forward to this mod. Looks really cool.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
Captain said Jun 22, 2013 19:14:17
Ok. Read through changes. Very nice additions to ships that command carrier is an idea I have wanted to see for a while. To bad you can't have multiple science officers on one ship all scanning. The changes to the vindicator are also nice. I liked its power before but by taking that down a little you probably reduced it from being overpowered. Can't wait to try.
To Mankind

Isaac Asimov
Gaikokujin said Jun 23, 2013 20:48:46
First mod I've tried. Very excellent work.
Login below to reply: