Members | Sign In
All Forums > Troubleshooting

Hamak Sector

posted Jul 05, 2013 18:41:00 by DomC
I cannot get this mission to play. Every time I try to run it, it crashes the server. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the game client, to no avail.
Anyone have any ideas?
Dom C

Designation: IONN
Weapons Officer of the Kismet
page   1
6 replies
Captain said Jul 07, 2013 14:37:06
Alright. Hammack sector is bugged due to the new updates. So you need to do one of two things. Either go back to an older version or install the fixed version. Note the fixed version needs to be installed on all computers that are playing. To get the version that's fixed just search the mission name or look in mission scripting. (On phone otherwise I would provide link).
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
Mike_Substelny said Jul 08, 2013 23:30:32
Do you have the latest version of Hamak Sector or do you have the version that shipped with the game?

If the latest version doesn't work then please let me know immediately. What error message do you get?

Unfortunately if your previous version is too old you might need to install the new version on all of the console computers to get it to work.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
postbryan said Jul 09, 2013 02:38:51
I'm having the same problem with Havok in Hamak Sector, as well as The Eagles Wrath, Doomsday Revisited, and Clouded Game. FYI I'm using the Artemis Mod Loader 3.0.16, and the most recent version of each mission.
Mike_Substelny said Jul 09, 2013 02:42:20
I don't know anything about the Mod Loader. My intention was for "Hamak" to work with a mod, but the audio and text communications won't make any sense unless you play it with the stock game.

"Hamak" refers to several files that must be located in their expected Artemis folders. It is possible that a mod would not include these files, causing a spontaneous crash.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Captain said Jul 09, 2013 13:11:16
Does everyone in your crew have the missions or just you?
To Mankind
And the hope that the war against folly may someday be won, after all

Isaac Asimov
RussJudge said Jul 10, 2013 17:16:57
Artemis Mod Loader simply dumps the mission into the folder per the instructions for adding missions, so the issue really shouldn't be with Artemis Mod Loader (i.e., it just does the basic file copy into the mission folder).

HOWEVER, the latest version (1.702) did break a lot of the missions built for the older version. Make sure you are using the latest version of the missions.

ALSO: "The Eagles Wrath", "Doomsday Revisited", and "Clouded" are ONLY valid with the "Star Trek: Into The Breach" Mod. These use ships not defined in the unmodded Artemis, and will thus crash unless you have the mod applied to all clients and server.

Finally, Hamak Sector is designed for the plain, unmodded Artemis. If you are using it for the Star Trek: Into the Breach Mod, that could be why you are having problems.
[Last edited Jul 10, 2013 17:19:12]
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

Login below to reply: