Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Question about the license...

posted Jul 09, 2013 21:40:59 by DavidCollins
It says that it can be installed on 6 computers, but is that at a time or total? I ask because I have 3 computers, but when I have different friends come over to play, and we've installed it on 2 laptops and I don't want to hit 6 and have it start deactivating my licenses or something...
page   1
2 replies
erickrarick said Jul 09, 2013 21:45:36
http://www.artemis.eochu.com/?wp_super_faq=q-the-bridge-license-is-for-up-to-6-computers-but-ive-put-the-game-on-6-computers-and-now-a-new-buddy-is-replacing-an-old-one-how-can-the-new-buddy-play-without-breaking-the-6-computer-limit

"A: there's no copy protection or complicated systems or limits. I just ask that you share with your bridge crew, and not the whole world. It's okay to install your purchased game on any computer that makes up your crew. But if your crew member takes that copy and starts her own bridge crew, you should encourage her to buy her own copy."

It is an honor system.
[Last edited Jul 09, 2013 21:48:53]
JanxJelantru said Jul 10, 2013 15:38:25
So basically, nothing bad will happen to you if you violate the license.

If you want to help constrain piracy of the game when you setup stations, get 5 USB thumb drives with 1GB of space (the installed game is less than 512MB). Install the game on your PC, then copy the installed game to the USB drives.

When you set up the other stations on your friends' PCs, just plug in the USB drive and run the game off the drive (do not install or drag/drop onto the computer). The game will run fine. When the event is over, turn off the PCs and reclaim the USB drives.

If your friends ask for copies, tell them to buy it for the mere $40 it cost. I blew $50 last night on pizza for 2 at a restaurant. I will get more value from Artemis than I will get from the left-over pizza.

Login below to reply: