Members | Sign In
All Forums > Development

controls.ini / better control selection

posted Jul 16, 2013 19:22:42 by polemon
I don't know exactly where to put requests, so I just start another topic. The Mods may move etc.

I usually play as helm, and I'm in the process of building a better helm station. Attaching my yoke
is relatively straightforward, but attaching pedals / footswitches is a different story.

I'm planning to use four footswitches (1, 2, 3, 4).

Switch 1 will be mapped to the reverse toggle, switch 3 will be the "break" pedal (space bar in standard controls.ini).

Now, I'm planning to use switch 4 to increase Warp speed and switch 2 to decrease Warp, but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any means to "increase Warp" and "decrease Warp". All I can find, are the toggle switches for a specific warp speed.

the controls.ini file is a bit confusing, it would be nice if that would be laid out more nicely, with controls clustered into the INI-typical sections (Things like [general], [helm], [weapons], etc), or prefixed (some are prefixed "HELM_", but most aren't).

Another things is the control for zoom factor for things like Helm and Weapons. I'd like to have floating point zoom factors, not just discrete integer factors 1, 2, 3, and 4. Zooming with the mousewheel would be awesome for that.

Also, I don't recall mouse button settings in the controls.ini, having them there would be quite awesome as well (especially for mice, that have more than three buttons + mouse wheel).

Maybe I'm missing something, and it is in the controls file already.

As a side note: I wouldn't mind having a JSON file as settings file instead of .ini, but that is just a though, not a request by any means ;)
Login below to reply: