Members | Sign In
All Forums > Mission Scripting

*New Mission* Encounter at FarPoint

posted Jan 22, 2013 23:52:18 by TravisHead
The Enterprise has been sent to the outer rim on a diplomatic mission to deliver an envoy of Federation diplomats to the mysterious FarPoint Station on Deneb IV.
The diplomats are there to consider the local inhabitants petition to join the Federation in exchange for use of their strategically important new station.

A word of caution, however, as the Deneb sector is very near to the Ferengi borders. While not a serious threat the Ferengi have shown some interest in the sector.
*Any Ferengi vessels are to be assumed hostile*

Based on the classic first and second episodes of Star Trek TNG this mission will pit the crew against an unusual adversary and may require a captain to be quick on his feet.
Strong emphasis on helm and communications.

There are 4 possible Victory outcomes, 2 major, two minor.

Mission created for Artemis v1.66
Updated for v1.7

DOWNLOAD
** https://www.box.com/s/h8mudfkx0pp43k5x9uao **

Newly Updated for Mark's StarTrek TNG Mod!
** https://www.box.com/s/3esn46d25a5lzgcdj7ae **

This is my first mission so any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks to Mike Substelny and bleep751 for their help in creating this mission!

Travis Head
[Last edited Jan 29, 2013 00:26:48]
page   first prev 1 2 3 4 5
64 replies
Mike_Substelny said Jul 16, 2013 16:56:59
Travis, here is an example line from the AI stack:

<add_ai type="CHASE_PLAYER" value1="20000" value2="0" name="FerengiScout1" />

Value1 is the distance that a ship can see players in open space and value2 is the distance it can see players in a nebula.

Value1="20000" means FerengiScout1 will only chase a player that comes within 20,000 in open space. value2="0" means FerengiScout1 cannot see a player that is in a nebula at all.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
TravisHead said Jul 16, 2013 18:35:50
Yes, but that is in reference to the SCOUTS. I want them to only pursue if within 20K. The topic at hand was the fleet that appears after you dock at FarPoint.
Mike_Substelny said Jul 17, 2013 12:38:59
In that case the AI stack line appears to be:

<add_ai type="CHASE_PLAYER" name="Ferengi1" />

Because value1 and value2 are not set I'm not sure what this would do. Based on Postbryan's experience I believe that lack of value1 and value2 may be telling the Ferengi to ignore the player.
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
TravisHead said Jul 17, 2013 14:02:45
But that contradicts my own tests. Run it yourself and you'll see - the lack of a limits means they chase you anywhere.
Login below to reply: