Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Star Trek - Into the Breach 1.702

posted May 18, 2013 17:53:12 by Vorus

Star Trek - Into the Breach has been updated for Artemis 1.702!

This is mostly just an update to get our mod to work with Artemis 1.7, but we did add a couple of features.

Main Features:
=====
- Play as the Federation, Klingons, or Romulans
- All ships and stations have been replaced with Star Trek ships and stations
- Most sounds have been replaced with Star Trek sounds
- Full game re-balance. Enemies are stronger and better equipped than in stock Artemis
- Friendly ships have weapons, and are strong enough to help in a fight
- Does not replace ANYTHING in the stock game, so you can still play stock Artemis

Installation
=====
Unzip the file "ItB 1.702.zip"
Copy those contents into your Artemis folder. (You may want to make a copy of your Artemis folder for this purpose, but it is not necessary, as nothing in our mod will overwrite the stock game.)

(If you have modified your personal copy of Artemis, you will want to install our mod into a copy of your stock Artemis folder, otherwise, your changes will be overwritten by our mod.)

To play our mod
=====
Double-Click on the file "Play Artemis" in your main Artemis folder. You will be presented with a choice for which version of the game you want to play. Simply make your choice and press Enter. The game will launch momentarily. All clients should use this method of launching the game as well.

Changes for ItB 1.702
=====
-There are now enemy Fighters and starships that will appear as part of large fleets
-Enemy "drones" now look like Star Trek torpedoes. Sort of. Give me a break, it was hard. :p

============================================
GET THE MOD HERE
============================================

Enjoy!
[Last edited May 18, 2013 17:55:02]
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

The unofficial Artemis Wiki, your best source for Artemis Information
page   1 2 3 next last
40 replies
MarkBell said May 18, 2013 20:07:47
Woot! Excited :)
Charlie said May 18, 2013 22:56:39
Awesome!
RussJudge said May 20, 2013 15:41:21
I've updated Artemis Mod Loader with this update to Into the Breach. If you were on version 3.0.9 of Artemis Mod Loader, it should automatically update.

If you already had the old version of Into the Breach installed through Artemis Mod Loader, you only need to uninstall and reinstall from the web (or download it from the link and install on PC manually).
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

RussJudge said May 20, 2013 15:43:46
I noticed you don't have any missions included with the Into the Breach zip. Will the old missions work with this update?
Russ

Vorus said May 21, 2013 13:27:44
I've updated Artemis Mod Loader with this update to Into the Breach.

Excellent! I've been out of the loop for a while, so I've seen your Modloader, but never really looked into it to make ItB work with it.

Will the old missions work with this update?

I don't know, I kind of doubt it. That's why I didn't include them. I haven't updated their scripting for a LONG time. (Since the 1.5 update maybe.) I don't know how backward compatible the scripting is, and I didn't play through them at all to test them, so I just went safe and didn't include them at all. I'll try and test them out this week, but if it's going to take a lot of re-writing to get them to work, it might be a while.
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

RussJudge said May 21, 2013 13:35:36
Yeah, if I'm aware of an update to a mod, I have no problem doing the update myself--I know what needs done and just edit the XML definitions manually as needed--it takes longer to deploy the update than to actually make the update.

If you look at the XML for the ItB definition, you can see how straight-forward it is.

The big advantage of Artemis Mod Loader is how easy it is to switch Mods. It is possible to have all known Mods installed, and with a simple click of a mouse, switch from one mod to another.
Russ

Martok said May 21, 2013 20:53:13
On the topic of missions, I've had a couple ideas rattling around for missions. I am hoping to get some free time soon, and if so I would love to begin working on some of them. I have not done any tests, but I thought of some lines of script that might allow for hide'n'seek type gameplay with enemies. Having the ability to "go dark" and remain hidden. Might be suitable for a Romulan mission. Not 100% sure it would work, but hopefully I'll get to within the month. If it goes well I will probably port the mission to stock Artemis. We'll see.
Vorus said May 24, 2013 03:12:17
Awesome. There's a lot of new scripting options, so there are a lot of things that we either couldn't do before that we now can, or things that got a lot easier to do.

Also, it seems that so far, our old missions still work. They might be a little "low-tech" by the standards of some of the new missions, but at least they don't crash. At least so far. I played through the Fed mission all the way, hopefully the others go just as well.
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

Martok said May 24, 2013 03:31:07
I honestly cannot remember what our missions were... I don't even remember the one I made. :P But as far as going dark, it's doesn't quite work like I was thinking it would, but I will continue to tinker with it a little.
Joe said May 26, 2013 16:10:02
Link is broken. Can you help me?
[Last edited May 26, 2013 19:23:57]
Joe from Italy
Vorus said May 27, 2013 00:01:57
Check it again, it's up as far as I can tell. Maybe Filefront was having problems when you last tried it?
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

Joe said May 27, 2013 11:25:59
I try now...Errore 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
GameFront finds file, but when It starts automatic download writes error.
[Last edited May 27, 2013 11:37:52]
Joe from Italy
Vorus said May 27, 2013 14:27:56
Hmm, odd... Here's a mirror link, see if this one works for you.

http://wikisend.com/download/488532/ItB%201.702.zip

[Last edited May 27, 2013 14:29:26]
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

Joe said May 27, 2013 16:08:19
Ok! Thank's
Joe from Italy
JSpaced said May 30, 2013 13:08:04
Hi Vorus and Martok, great mod update! We've been playing Mark's TNG Mod and I've been trying (and failing) to write missions for it. We were looking for something a bit different, so this is very welcome.
"We should give him the send-off he deserves. He died saving us all. Prepare a Rocket-Shed for immediate launch."
Login below to reply: