Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Star Trek - Into the Breach 1.702

posted May 18, 2013 17:53:12 by Vorus

Star Trek - Into the Breach has been updated for Artemis 1.702!

This is mostly just an update to get our mod to work with Artemis 1.7, but we did add a couple of features.

Main Features:
=====
- Play as the Federation, Klingons, or Romulans
- All ships and stations have been replaced with Star Trek ships and stations
- Most sounds have been replaced with Star Trek sounds
- Full game re-balance. Enemies are stronger and better equipped than in stock Artemis
- Friendly ships have weapons, and are strong enough to help in a fight
- Does not replace ANYTHING in the stock game, so you can still play stock Artemis

Installation
=====
Unzip the file "ItB 1.702.zip"
Copy those contents into your Artemis folder. (You may want to make a copy of your Artemis folder for this purpose, but it is not necessary, as nothing in our mod will overwrite the stock game.)

(If you have modified your personal copy of Artemis, you will want to install our mod into a copy of your stock Artemis folder, otherwise, your changes will be overwritten by our mod.)

To play our mod
=====
Double-Click on the file "Play Artemis" in your main Artemis folder. You will be presented with a choice for which version of the game you want to play. Simply make your choice and press Enter. The game will launch momentarily. All clients should use this method of launching the game as well.

Changes for ItB 1.702
=====
-There are now enemy Fighters and starships that will appear as part of large fleets
-Enemy "drones" now look like Star Trek torpedoes. Sort of. Give me a break, it was hard. :p

============================================
GET THE MOD HERE
============================================

Enjoy!
[Last edited May 18, 2013 17:55:02]
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

The unofficial Artemis Wiki, your best source for Artemis Information
page   first prev 1 2 3 next last
40 replies
Charlie said May 30, 2013 17:45:54
Loved it, as I knew I would! Loved that missions worked, haven't played all the variations yet! Thx guys, nice job!!!
JSpaced said Jun 04, 2013 15:36:39
Hi guys, thought I'd post this here to see if it was affecting anyone else playing the ITB mod.
Do you find that the rear shield information on engineering isn't displaying properly?
It's not damaged or anything, but the rear shield reads 0 on the engineering display.

It's at the start of missions or Invasion mode. Is this just a lag in reporting shield strength or is it zero or what?

Any thoughts, guys?

J
[Last edited Jun 04, 2013 15:36:59]
"We should give him the send-off he deserves. He died saving us all. Prepare a Rocket-Shed for immediate launch."
Vorus said Jun 04, 2013 16:26:45
I have seen that occasionally, actually. It doesn't happen every time, and I don't know if I've ever seen it in the stock game. It's one of those things that I keep forgetting to look into.

I think when it shows 0, the aft shield really is at 0. I just checked it out, I started 20 games real quick, all the same ship and same settings, running ItB. 1 time I had no shields at all, 1 time I had no aft shields, and 1 time I had no front shields. So, I'm not sure what causes it, if it's our mod, or a bug in the stock game itself, much less how to fix it, unfortunately.

<EDIT> I just ran through 25 starts of the stock game as well, and it happened twice there too, 0 aft shields each time, plus one incident of 56% front shields. So, it must be a bug in the game itself.
[Last edited Jun 04, 2013 16:30:43]
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

JSpaced said Jun 07, 2013 11:19:40
Hi Vorus,
Thank you for that. I can't see any way to get it above the initial 0 start, so it must just be a case of close and restart?

Vorus and Martok: how happy are you for someone to muck about with your Mod? I love it already, the style of the ships and setting is perfect, but I like to expand on it with UI changes, sound changes and a few more ships and similar. Normally I'm happy to just do them in the context of my own bridge crew, but if I'm successful, how happy are you for a modded-mod to be released into the wild?

J
"We should give him the send-off he deserves. He died saving us all. Prepare a Rocket-Shed for immediate launch."
JSpaced said Jun 07, 2013 21:04:29
Hi guys, another technical issue, which may or may not be related to your mod.
To build and test missions I use two windows, one server, one client with the consoles. Even though it's not selected, the server window will sometimes pause itself, often without any keypresses. Happens in invasion and mission modes. Have you noticed this behaviour? If you haven't, then it's something I've done while tweaking the mod. If you have noticed it... any idea where it's coming from?

J
Vorus said Jun 08, 2013 00:29:21
I'll ask Martok, but I'm fine with you adding stuff. (I can't imagine him having a problem with it.) All the ship models and textures are our own work, so you don't have to worry about extra permissions on that front. All of the sounds we have added are from older Trek PC Games. (Mostly SFC II and III) I've actually always wanted to do UI changes, but I never got around to it.

Right now, we're kind of in mod maintenance mode, we have all the ships and features that we wanted, so we're just keeping it up to date with Artemis releases, so any additions you want to make won't be "stepping on our toes" or anything. Feel free to use our ship models and textures for any kitbashing, too.

Nope, I've never seen that bug myself, and I do testing the same way you do. (Although I use Linux, so that could make a difference.)
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

JSpaced said Jun 08, 2013 10:04:57
I'm beginning to think I've mis-formatted some new textures and got some sounds at the wrong rate. That might be causing problems?
Vorus said Jun 08, 2013 20:38:47
I know that sounds that are stereo instead of mono will just refuse to play, but I've never seen them pause the server. I also know that they will play at both 22khz and 41khz, as long as they're mono.

I'm not sure about textures, I've never had any problems with them. The game seems pretty forgiving, as far as textures go.
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

Martok said Jun 11, 2013 04:06:14
For the record he never did make sure it was ok with me. :P But I am fine with that as well. I have no helpful information on your glitches, I've not encountered the one you speak of, Vorus did the sounds, and I've never encountered problems with the texture. Sorry. :/
JSpaced said Jun 11, 2013 16:34:10
I think I need to work out what I've modded, reinstall and re-copy the mod :(

EDIT: Yup, that's fixed it. :S
[Last edited Jun 11, 2013 17:17:38]
JSpaced said Jun 18, 2013 15:39:56
Hi Vorus and Martok
Just thought I'd share with you some recent work I've been doing.
This is still WIP and I need to correct some issues thrown up by UAV mapping, but I've found some sources for TOS textures and incorporated onto your great model.

The USS Exaclibur (Registry still needs to be added)

Vorus said Jun 19, 2013 20:49:56
Very nice!

Yeah, some of the mapping is weird on our models, partly because Deled is weird itself, and partly because I'm not very good at mapping. :p
[Last edited Jun 19, 2013 20:50:04]
-----------
Khomerex nal Khesterex

JSpaced said Jun 19, 2013 22:40:58
Is it my pc that's rendering the texture so badly, or the game engine?
There's a lot more detail to the hull than is apparent in the screenshot.
I've started my own constitution class model in Blender. Need to refine some details and do the UV mapping, but it's looking great.
I'd really love to do a JJ Abrams-trek mod but I just don't have the skills or the time. There are some really nice models out there but they're far too detailed for Artemis.
JSpaced said Jun 20, 2013 15:34:52
Hi guys,
Thought I'd share an update. I thought if I'm going to re-texture, I may as well learn modelling too, so I've been playing with Blender and Deled.
Those two programs really do not play nicely together do they?
In terms of modelling, Blender is far more intuitive, but in terms of UV mapping, Deled is a lot less... wierd? Fussy?
So I've made a basic Constitution model, based on some images I found online and now I'm halfway through texturing USS Excalibur for her voyages in my mod of the ITB mod: Star Trek Excalibur

I will be happy to share all this once it's finished.

J

Martok said Jun 20, 2013 20:29:57
Very nice, but Blender intuitive? I did not find it so. I jumped into blender when I started modeling and it was not apparent to me how to do anything. (Granted, I was lazy and did absolutely zero reading on how to do literally anything) I found Deled much more intuitive, if not simply more basic. However, you are correct, the two programs do NOT like one another. I like sticking to just one program for my modeling/texturing, so I just used Deled exclusively.

That model and texture both look good, nice job indeed.
Login below to reply: