Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Calling all bridge crews!

posted Oct 27, 2010 04:45:46 by ThomRobertson
This forum is for crews. Announce your crew. Relate your crew's adventures and achievements. Talk smack on other crews' "garbage scows".

But don't come alone. Bring your crew.
Creator of Artemis
page   first prev 1 2 3 4 next last
58 replies
Mike_Substelny said Jan 31, 2011 14:39:16
We got together two full crews Saturday for an incredible day pushing the latest Artemis as hard as we could. We played for a while with two full bridges, then we played with one bridge and rotating crews.

We played on difficulty level 7 then on difficulty level 10 for a while. After that baptism of fire I'm confident that we could take on any crew in the galaxy!

The game's new artwork is fantastic, especially the space station. Every bridge station is more important than ever, and the enemy ships are more powerful, with more "personalty" than they had before.

My wife commanded the Artemis for a while, and I shot some video of her adventures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP37w0pOXws
"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton!"

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
Mike_Substelny said Apr 12, 2011 03:34:54
We played Artemis 7.4 last Saturday. Here is some footage showing two crews ganging up on one of the new Skaraans. These new enemies are tough! For Artemis fans This video includes the new music and new enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zBJyQkBwjM

(Likely actual words of Admiral David Farragut, USN, at the battle of Mobile Bay. Four bells was the signal for the engine room to make full steam ahead).
ThomRobertson said Apr 12, 2011 03:44:51
Great video, Mike!
Creator of Artemis
chris.hall225 said Jun 27, 2011 00:03:14
Team Artemis 1701/ Hive76: Team Artemis 1701 played Team Hive76 on 6/25/11...BvB combat to start 1,2,3 go Artemis 1701 "attack pattern 6 alpha, engage" warp through, lay mine and "Boom"...Artemis 1701 to Hive76, "what happened"?...Hive76 response, "you killed us I think". It didn't take Hive76 long to realize we weren't messing around, they quickly adapted and the fight was on. On one pass Hive76 hit us with something that knocked our scanners off-line and damaged our shields (probably a nuke), we quickly pulled it together with damage control then noticing Hive76 trying to dock we flew in with another 6 alpha attack, Hive76 warped out in the nick of time. We tried to dock, in came Hive76 with a mine attack, we barely evaded in time. All of a sudden our two accessable starbases were surrounded by mines, noticing we were dangerously low on energy and assuming Hive76 to be low as well I gave the order to boost forward shields and proceed to dock and take the mine damage..."Boom, Boom", two mines detonated completely depleting our forward shield and we were able to commence docking, Hive76 saw our redock attempt and decided to do the same not realizing we had boosted our shields too survive it..."Baboom"!!!Victory!!! Then another round we found Hive76 facing two mines we thought we had the advantage, we flew in alpha attack again this time Hive76 hit us with something big "Boom"!!! Hive76 had prevailed. We then played a round of co-op level 5, piece of cake for two semi-seasoned captains and crew. Thanks Hive76, we had a blast!!!
[Last edited Jun 27, 2011 00:18:31]
Clayton-Mast said Jun 29, 2011 13:04:19
This is Commander Mast(Helm/Science)... Reporting I.S.S. Tyrant NX-10001110101 to be fully operational, balanced, & powered. We've destroyed up to Level 9 so far ... Level 10 <<wipes forehead>> is umm hard ... Side Note: We want Mods! We've been working on some, but want to use other peoples & learn from each other ... Peace & Long Life!
[Last edited Jun 30, 2011 18:28:52]
Aka Masuto Nendo-Ton
Helmsman of the I.S.S. Tyrant NX-10001110101
Captained by TPherball McGuillicutty
Mike_Substelny said Jul 01, 2011 19:51:35
Commander Mast, I have a couple of pretty enormous mission scripts available on my website. One of them even has a story with a plot and characters.

I can't guarantee that everyone will love every mission I write, but after you've played them you can pick apart the scripts and see how they work. This is definitely a chance to "learn from each other."

Martok42 said Jul 04, 2011 03:08:26
Commander Mast, welcome aboard. On the Subject of mods, me and another user here, Vorus, have created Star Trek Mods for Artemis, and since you obviously are a fan of Star Trek, you will probably be interested.

Here is a Link:http://artemis.eochu.com/forums.html#/20101222/star-trek-mods-270731/page4/

And the missions are incredibly fun, I suggest you and your crew play any mission scripts you can Get your hands on. (And if you do like the Star Trek mod, missions for it are on the way)
A vital mission, impossible odds and a ruthless enemy, what more could we ask for?

Follow the Star Trek, Into The Breach mod for Artemis: NegativeZone
EricWethington said Jul 05, 2011 11:51:20
Capt. Eric Wethington of the Artemis class cruiser "Jimi Saru". Nav Officer Steve Petrush, Weapons officer Josh Petruch, Engineer/Comm Officer Jim Jarzemba, Science Officer Jon Rockow and Cadet Spencer reporting in. Stationed near Cleveland, Ohio (Medina county)

Several shakedown missions have been made, still working on getting this "team" thing down :)
"... ooops!"
Last words of Captain Phour Phazier Phred from Phremont
Charlie said Aug 15, 2011 09:02:54
Artemis - 1701 report for 8/13/11
Artemis - 1701 in addition to Captain FutileChas, and First Officer Chris we have added two officers Commander(Chief Engineer) Hessen, and Commander (Chief Weapons Officer) Whitmore. Also we have had several oppertunities to work with a few trainees.

Log entry for 8/13/11
Artemis - 1701 & the Jimi Saru encountered several enemy forces while on patrol. Commander (Arch) Whitmore ran several successful tests on weapons systems and weapons storage.
After reviewing combat reports it was determined that the Jimi Saru and Artemis - 1701 preformed with high efficiency in combat situations. Both vessels cleared several sectors of invading warships, lost multiple starbases in the attack but successfully defended bases for sufficient time to allow all personell to be evacuated.
Artemis - 1701 and the Jimi Saru returned with all hands accounted for.
[Last edited Aug 15, 2011 09:05:12]
EricWethington said Aug 15, 2011 11:52:32
****** begin transmission*****

Jimi-Saru to Artemis 1701

Job well done.... will be giving an extra jot of rum to my engineering crew who performed admirably!

******* end transmission ***********
"... ooops!"
Last words of Captain Phour Phazier Phred from Phremont
IainHopwood said Nov 04, 2011 19:49:51
First I wanted to say that I just found ya'll a few weeks ago, downloaded the demo, and wow. Told a friend from work and got him to come and hang out, and both of us had a blast playing the game. So manged to gather a small crew for a full demo run helm, cap, and tact, and it was amazing and time went by fast. Did get some Video, will get it uploaded soon (I hope) Still trying to figure out what stations everyone is best with so right now we are a small crew with getting use to our new ship

On that, the crew of the Shenandoah will continue to do more simulations(Demo Runs) until our ship is ready to go(Full Version =D) and we have a full crew.

"And All I Ask is a Tall Ship and a Star to Steer Her By"
DanielWeishoff said Jan 11, 2012 01:29:59
It was my Bachelor party, and I was the Captain of the Artemis, on her maiden voyage.

Coming out of warp, my helmsman was a little slow on the lever. We stopped immediately infront of our first enemy ship, and started taking fire.

"Captain, what are your orders?"
Fire torpedoes.
Weapons Officer reminds me "Captain, we only have nuclear torpedoes loaded. Are you sure you want to engage at close range?"

"Of course!" I said, putting on my cockiest voice. "We'll be fine! Fire all weapons!"
"Aye aye sir," he said, and let loose the fires of hell.

Our enemy disappeared into the void, and I smiled congratulating my crew on a job well done. Suddenly, I hear a scream from the other room. Engineering was on a desktop, and couldn't move to the "bridge."

"Oh my GOD. What did you DO? Everything is RED! My technicians are dead!"

I laughed. "Look, I don't tell you how to do your job, so you don't get to tell me how to do mine. Just fix the ship."
Mike_Substelny said Jan 13, 2012 03:38:47
Priceless, DanielWeishoff. Priceless!

jkratzer69 said Jan 16, 2012 20:25:15
HMS Heracles will be looking for ways & means to join this happy band of spacefarers. Especially if I can figure out how to convert the Missile Cruiser into a Pod Battlecruiser!
Whee!
THIS looks like fun...
autobotmailsystem said Apr 03, 2012 06:46:30
this game looks so cool
Login below to reply: