Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Calling all bridge crews!

posted Oct 27, 2010 04:45:46 by ThomRobertson
This forum is for crews. Announce your crew. Relate your crew's adventures and achievements. Talk smack on other crews' "garbage scows".

But don't come alone. Bring your crew.
Creator of Artemis
page   first prev 1 2 3 4 next last
58 replies
ShaneClune said Jun 25, 2012 16:25:57
Commander Shane Clune, Captain of the Artemis-class cruiser SSV London. Crew is currently assembling. Will engage in our first action within a month.
EricWethington said Jun 26, 2012 11:33:40
Welcome to the Fleet SSV London, Happy Hunting

Capt Eric W.
Artemis Class Cruiser "Jimi-Saru"
"... ooops!"
Last words of Captain Phour Phazier Phred from Phremont
isildur42 said Jun 27, 2012 03:15:55
Captain Jon² of the FOHA Mortis, Flagship of the Federation of Humans (in) Andromeda. Crew is being assembled. Initial test flight is tomorrow, we want to make sure the ship will fly and can defend itself. We begin officer selection in 11 days.
Captain Jon² Riley
The Mortis - Artemis-class cruiser
Federation of Humans in Andromeda
CaptainQuick said Jul 06, 2012 04:56:45
Greetings fellow captains, Captain Quick here of the U.F.S. Doggerybaw.

I discovered this after the shout up done by Extra Credits and really liked what I saw, tons of potential and interest from me talking about it has spread to me having potentially three of four crews in a matter of a week. The $40 was well worth it and our maiden voyage launched with a small crew and stations that didn't quite come online as we desired, but on Tuesday we got a full ship up and running and did several missions with only a few mishaps... (Such as Cmd. Pecker accidently firing a nuke while we were off the port bow of DS3 and no target locked...)

Our maiden voyage had the following crew..
Helm: Petty Officer Duce B. Guy
Tactical: Commander Jodash Pecker
Science/Engineering: Lieutenant Chazarie Wiggles
Command Officer: Captain Jay T. Quick

We followed that up this Tuesday with our first fully crewed mission..
Helm: Petty Officer Rose Cupcake
Tactical: Commander Jodash Pecker
Science: Lieutenant Chazarie Wiggles
Engineering: Crewman Stoph
Comms: Crewman Kitty
XO: Mr. Kire Noudles
CO: Captain Jay T. Quick

I've been slowly upping the difficulty on them and a good time has been had by all. This is exactly what I'm looking for in a space simulation game with a lot of potential for further development and I can't wait to be there along for the ride.
[Last edited Jul 06, 2012 04:57:36]
Seek not to be good, nor evil, but let deed alone speak the truth of your life
Js said Aug 10, 2012 10:12:07
Hello,

A futur French Captain here !
I discovered this game yesterday, i will get the demo and propbably the game (if no problem running the demo) soon.

I hope my futur crew will be as exited about this concept as I am.

By the way have you heard about the board game named "Space Alert" ? 4 to 5 players cooperate to save their ship during 10 minutes of total chaos !
Charlie said Aug 10, 2012 11:33:41
"Space Alert" ?

Sounds cool. Get a ship good sir!
FADM.Robertson.N said Aug 11, 2012 02:24:38
Commander N. Robertson reporting in as captain of the CPP Handcrank. We currently have a crew of 5 officers employed on the command bridge as follows.

Captain Cmd. Robertson
Helmsman Lt. Salonen
Weapons Officer Lt. Pickles
Chief Engineer Lt. Kelner
Science Officer Lt.Cmd. Sage
( Comms in attendance of captain and Sci.Ofc. )

We have undertaken several missions up to level 9, which we have tackled with no difficulty.
I am unaware on whether or not the crews on this forum have any cooperative crew missions, but my crew and I would certainly be interested in taking on a difficulty level 11 randomly generated mission with a few additional crews. Are there any events like this around?
[Last edited Aug 11, 2012 04:00:22]
"Alright crew, let's ready the payload. Liutenant, engage warp!"
5 seconds later:
"WHY ARE WE IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM OH GOD GET US OUT OF HERE"

Fleet Admiral of the '1st Noble Sharks' Flotilla as of March 2, 2013
RobJosephson said Aug 11, 2012 14:10:18
I have Space Alert. While I found it fun, my friends all gave up on me. They found it confusing.
WilliamTrask said Aug 31, 2012 21:30:18
The crew of the N.Z.S. ಠ_ಠ is assembling next Monday for our first mission into the unknown. We hope to explore new areas, defend our home, and blow shit up with nukes. Sayonara, Alien Scum.
Crew of the New Zealand Ship ಠ_ಠ::
Commanding Officer / Alien Diplomacy Expert: Captain William Trask
Helmsman: Commander Dylan McGuire
Weapons Officer: Commander Drew Schiller
Chief Engineer: Lieutenant Commander Theodore Morley
Science Officer / Communications Monkey: Lieutenant Nathan Raine
ORION said Sep 02, 2012 01:09:44
Capt. Roy Farmer, C.O. ASV Thermopylae (BC-206).

Crew currently assembling.

Cmdr. Andrew Kimbel, X.O., Science Officer
Lt. Cmdr. Charles Daily, Weapons Officer.
Capt. Roy Farmer, C.O.
ASV Thermopylae
2nd Artemis Star Fleet
trainguy.1017 said Sep 02, 2012 13:35:24
Hey I created a Steam Group...

Centuari's House of Starships!

PLease join the above steam group. I need a crew...
coreytwilson said Sep 04, 2012 23:13:05
A friend picked up a copy at GenCon, and we all gave it a try this past weekend. LOVED IT! Can't wait to to play again and see how the game evolves!
DanielVoyles said Oct 21, 2012 01:02:04
Captain Daniel Voyles Of the USS Avalon. Fantastic game. Hands down the best starship sim made.

Our five year mission to blow things to radioactive vapor and look great doing so.

Crew of the Starship Avalon:

Captain: Voyles
Weapons: Pyro
Science: Tifu
Helm: Doven
Engineering: Seto
Comms: Key
First Officer: Lucky

second shift officers:
Bardox
Brandon
Andrew
Ganjah

Contact sifu_reddawn@yahoo.com for fleet actions and engagements

[Last edited Oct 21, 2012 01:08:18]
ChrisHayes said Nov 06, 2012 09:48:17
Captain Chris Hayes reporting in from the USS Cowlitz. My wife and I love this game. I'm a hardcore gamer, she's not so much; so it's fantastic to find a game that we not only both enjoy, but a game where we can both feel relevant. At the moment I'm running a 3-man skeleton crew.

Captain Hayes - Captain/Helm
Commander Mills - Tactical/Engineering
Lt. Commander Hayes - Science/Comms

We're still getting into the swing of things having completed our first two missions last night. We started on diff. 3 (we won easily), then tried 5 and failed miserably, then tried 4 with great success. Once Tactical/Engineering gets a little more training we should be able to tackle the next couple of difficulty levels. I don't particularly envy the Tac/Engineer combo, but he is confident that, with time, he'll improve.

I'm amazed and pleased at how much communication this sim requires. My engineering dpt went into overload last night and all the sudden we were dead in the water in mid combat. No, the systems didn't overload, we stalled because Engineering panicked and shut down power to everything. I may need a new engineer that keeps calm under pressure.
RussJudge said Dec 05, 2012 19:11:54
Two of us giving a shot at it this past weekend had an interesting experience at it considering how rough it is for only two.

Learned the hard way about being careful where you lead space monsters. Don't fly too close to your space stations when being chased by a space monster. Friendlies are also good to avoid when being chased--lost a whole fleet of four friendlies at one shot this way (I had used the Comms to get them all in formation with us).

We both used the new Android Client in addition to PC and laptop. I used my Android for Comms, while my friend used his for Comms and Sciences. I had Weapons and Engineering while he had Helm. He was kind of the Captain, but we acted more autonomously, making our own decisions as deemed appropriate for the situation.

I had three key presets in Engineering--one for high beam power and high maneuvering, one for power to tubes and maneuvering, and one for travel. These seemed to work well.

My problem was in switching between stations with the mouse. I ran two client stations on my laptop with a second monitor to watch the mainscreen for one of the clients (we didn't have a central location for the server mainscreen, our setup didn't work for that). On the second client I combined weapons and engineering in Windowed mode (since there was no other easy way to get the mouse to different sessions), and felt like Scotty tripping over the carpet every time the helm begged for emergency warp power--my mouse kept missing the button and clicking off the window.

The Android client worked great, though--it was a great way to monitor communications without having to fight the mouse on the laptop.

We played and beat level 7.

Then we finished the day each flying our own ship and shooting it out at each other. I nearly had him until he self-destructed on top of me.
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

Login below to reply: