Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Saturday Night Flights

posted Sep 19, 2012 15:00:52 by FraserSulatycki
Sort of a fork of "Looking for a group" I felt it best to make my own thread for organizing games on Saturdays.

Normally we play Saturdays at 9:30pm EST. I'm based near Detroit, Mi and run the server. Communication is over TS on Canada.PublicTeamSpeak.com in the channel TSN Cavy PW guineapig since we can make make our own temporary channels and lock it to keep others out. Server IP will be announced in there since I'm on a dynamic IP and its easier to give it there. I am typically on TS 30-45 minutes before game start to set up the channel on TS and wait for everyone.

In past we normally have 3 people crewing the ship: Myself, Missy, and William (haven't made up awesome nicknames yet, but we are working on it). I'm normally Captain/Engineering/Science, Missy is Helm, and William is Weapons/Comms. I captain the first run at least then its open to anyone who wants to give it a shot if they want the challenge. If you want weapons or helm, just ask in chat, and all other stations are open for anyone that want to try them.

Missions have just been invasion where we run around and kill stuff on interesting or very interesting maps. Ships vary from light cruiser to dreadnaught depending on the consensus of the crew. Only thing we haven't flows in the scout, but that can be changed. Overall we keep the runs flexible and try to make it fun and challenging.

My goal with this crew is to play every Saturday and have fun, and maybe get enough people to run multiple ships. Technically you can run a ship with just 2 people, but 3 works better. So post up if you are interested in flying with us!
[Last edited Sep 19, 2012 15:01:41]
page   1 2 3 4 5 next last
250 replies
Jeremy said Sep 19, 2012 20:36:35
This sounds like fun, I have tried out all stations but I enjoy science, and engineering the most. I should be able to get on this Saturday. 9:30 est time may be a little too early for me but would it be possible to jump in after the first mission or something?
FraserSulatycki said Sep 19, 2012 20:47:53
Yeah, jump in the TS channel when you can and we will find a spot for you when we complete the current mission.
FraserSulatycki said Sep 22, 2012 02:39:41
Still good for tomorrow, if anyone else wants to sign up, feel free! We start playing at 9:30pm EST and I'll be in TS at 8:30pm EST. Hope to see you all there!
JosephBranson said Sep 22, 2012 03:47:39
when I get my bridge and crew together, we will absolutely hit you up.
I've been flying ships since before you were born, sad little Earth-monkey! -Zim
Charlie said Sep 22, 2012 07:33:29
Artemis 1701 might be on board. Not sure what I can commit to but let me get with my crew.

Capt. FutileChas AKA Charlie

Artemis 1701
FraserSulatycki said Sep 22, 2012 12:03:23
Interest is awesome, I plan to run this every week I can so if you can't make it for today that's not a problem, there is always next week or another time. I've never run with more than 1 ship so I'm not sure how the logistics of coordination would work, but I look forward to it, should be a lot of fun!
FraserSulatycki said Sep 23, 2012 01:27:02
Ok a bit late than normal, but I am on track to start a game. TS is Canada.PublicTeamSpeak.com Channel TSN Cavy, should be near the bottom of the list. Missy and I are online, so feel free to join in!
Captain-McHardy said Sep 26, 2012 16:14:15
I've sent out an invitation to all my crewmen, so depending on how many are availiable we might be able to add 2 more ships to the server. I should be able to find enough for one crew, but I'll let you know as Saturday comes closer.
FraserSulatycki said Sep 26, 2012 20:58:56
@Captain-McHardy I'll see how many people I can get for my crew, or failing that I'll jump on any crew that needs me. I'll still host if there is interest, maybe just watch or play with the GM controls to make things interesting. We'll figure something out.
@AndrewNollan How local? I'm in Windsor, Ontario. My crew is all online and participation is hit and miss now, but I'm still trying to make the weekly games.

I guess since there is interest, I'll have the game set up at 9:30pm EST Saturday September 29, 2010 unless anyone can make it earlier, then I'll go from then until everyone leaves or I'm too tired to run the sims.
Captain-McHardy said Sep 28, 2012 20:48:35
Sadly, it appears as though I'll be short-staffed this coming Saturday, so I'm unsure if I'll be able to lend much support to the mission. My crew is excited for the fact this happens weekly, and we're coordinating a time when we can get the whole crew together.
FraserSulatycki said Sep 28, 2012 22:53:24
How short staffed? You only really need 2 people to run a ship, but the choice is yours. I doubt I'll be short on available ships. If you change you mind, feel free to post or jump on TS the night of the flight. I'm not sure about the status of my own ship week to week so we'll see what happens saturday.
FraserSulatycki said Sep 29, 2012 15:45:21
Excellent, thats 1 ship for sure. I'm working from home today so I'll be on TS at 8:00PM EST so feel free to gather anytime after that and we can chat a bit and get things running.
Kaijudo_ said Sep 29, 2012 17:49:18
Is the star date still set for 9:30pm est?
FraserSulatycki said Sep 29, 2012 18:28:25
Yes, that's the start time I stick with unless people can make it earlier. If you can make it like 8:30 then I'll start runs then. 9:30 isn't a hard cut off, if you can't make it until a little later you are more than welcome to join in then. We keep running until I get too tired to run the server or we are all Artemised out.
EricWethington said Sep 29, 2012 20:59:06
I'd like to join, but all i get is "login" and "password" for the teamspeak. How do I sign up?

Capt. Eric W.
Artemis Class Cruiser "Jimi-Saru"

email me at penk20D@gmail.com
"... ooops!"
Last words of Captain Phour Phazier Phred from Phremont
Login below to reply: