Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Saturday Night Flights

posted Sep 19, 2012 15:00:52 by FraserSulatycki
Sort of a fork of "Looking for a group" I felt it best to make my own thread for organizing games on Saturdays.

Normally we play Saturdays at 9:30pm EST. I'm based near Detroit, Mi and run the server. Communication is over TS on Canada.PublicTeamSpeak.com in the channel TSN Cavy PW guineapig since we can make make our own temporary channels and lock it to keep others out. Server IP will be announced in there since I'm on a dynamic IP and its easier to give it there. I am typically on TS 30-45 minutes before game start to set up the channel on TS and wait for everyone.

In past we normally have 3 people crewing the ship: Myself, Missy, and William (haven't made up awesome nicknames yet, but we are working on it). I'm normally Captain/Engineering/Science, Missy is Helm, and William is Weapons/Comms. I captain the first run at least then its open to anyone who wants to give it a shot if they want the challenge. If you want weapons or helm, just ask in chat, and all other stations are open for anyone that want to try them.

Missions have just been invasion where we run around and kill stuff on interesting or very interesting maps. Ships vary from light cruiser to dreadnaught depending on the consensus of the crew. Only thing we haven't flows in the scout, but that can be changed. Overall we keep the runs flexible and try to make it fun and challenging.

My goal with this crew is to play every Saturday and have fun, and maybe get enough people to run multiple ships. Technically you can run a ship with just 2 people, but 3 works better. So post up if you are interested in flying with us!
[Last edited Sep 19, 2012 15:01:41]
page   first prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 next last
250 replies
FraserSulatycki said Sep 30, 2012 00:03:14
Ok, I'm on TeamSpeak in channel TSN Cavy Server is Canada.PublicTeamSpeak.com (don't copy the link, just the text). Feel free to join and we can chat until we have enough to stay playing!
FraserSulatycki said Sep 30, 2012 05:15:11
After a few technical hiccups we got things running and had a lot of fun flying together. I'd like to apologize to Andrew about the problems that might have inhibited his plans. Next time we will be better prepared for running multiple ships so we can all fly together. Next time we will fly more and defend more space. Hope to see you all again next Saturday!
EricWethington said Sep 30, 2012 12:23:52
sorry didn't dial in, had other things crop up. maybe next week...
"... ooops!"
Last words of Captain Phour Phazier Phred from Phremont
Kaijudo_ said Sep 30, 2012 14:22:47
I couldn't get my mic working on teamspeak.
plmvent said Oct 01, 2012 17:19:19
I have a full crew that would love to join a game. We have 5 of us, only doubling up on Comm. I know it is not recommended to combine those, but she is fantastic at it.

We can add our ship to the fray and potentially a second ship if we have time to put it together. In any case, the crew of the Protector can be ready, as needed. We tend to fly the battleship or the light cruiser, but we can adjust as necessary.

Once I get confirmation from my crew, I will post here and let you know. We haven't used TS before, so I will need to read up and test the connection. I am assuming only Comm Officers are on TS, the chatter of multiple whole ships seems like it would be hard to endure. I will personally set up a headset/speaker so I can put on speaker and talk directly, but most likely have Comm deal with all of my communications with other ships.

Just a suggestion. I look forward to serving with you.
FraserSulatycki said Oct 01, 2012 17:46:19
In all the theory crafting I did with some other people we figured the best way was each ship have a channel in chat, and the comms officer set up to speak to all the other comms officers. Its a bit of work since all the comms officers have to add all the other comms officers but once setup its just a button press to talk. I can walk you through it if you like later. Any ships are helpful, what even you are comfortable commanding.

Game will be Saturday 9:30PM EST again, and this time I have a helmwoman on hand so I have a 2 man ship right now, all are welcome to join in with me, or make a new ship, limit is 6 ships in game.
Ed said Oct 04, 2012 10:10:52
I might be there again at whatever-time-it-was-in-the-morning.. :-)
FraserSulatycki said Oct 05, 2012 20:18:20
Ok, flying again tomorrow Saturday October 6 at 9:30PM EST. TS is the same as in the first post, and I'll on TS around 8PM EST when I finish work. I have Missy over on helm, but all other roles are open to anyone who want to take them. Post up if you want more information, otherwise I'll see you tomorrow in space!
FraserSulatycki said Oct 06, 2012 19:48:13
Just posting to say things are still go for tonight. I'll be on TS in around 4 hours to start the channel then 90 minutes later to start of the game. Join in at any time, lots of ships are free and I'll help you get things set up to connect. See you in TS!
Kaijudo_ said Oct 07, 2012 01:01:40
Looking for your server on TS. I can't find it.
FraserSulatycki said Oct 07, 2012 01:23:32
Canada.PublicTeamSpeak.com just copy paste it as typed. The Channel TSN Cavy is in the bottom third of the list as of this posting. It slowly moves up as other channels are made.
Kaijudo_ said Oct 07, 2012 10:03:22
Had a great time last night. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to meet up with you guys again. Who ever wasn't there, you missed a fun game session.
Ed said Oct 07, 2012 14:01:52
It was rather fun! I'm not sure which bit was best - the bit where helm failed to apply the brakes and we rather too hastily entered a minefield, or the long, slow energy recovery whilst being chased by 20+ ships after we lost or last station... or maybe it was the sense of achievement after we finally defeated 3 enemy ships in the mission where a very irritating doctor wants his nebulae scanned (cheeky).

Definitely well worth staying up till 6am for! Was proud to be a crew member of the only ship captained by committee in the whole galaxy! :-)
Kaijudo_ said Oct 07, 2012 20:59:34
Ed said about 6 hours ago
It was rather fun! I'm not sure which bit was best - the bit where helm failed to apply the brakes and we rather too hastily entered a minefield, or the long, slow energy recovery whilst being chased by 20+ ships after we lost or last station... or maybe it was the sense of achievement after we finally defeated 3 enemy ships in the mission where a very irritating doctor wants his nebulae scanned (cheeky).

Definitely well worth staying up till 6am for! Was proud to be a crew member of the only ship captained by committee in the whole galaxy! :-)

I'd say all of them lol. To bad it's only once a week. I hope more people take part in this. It'd be cool for us to have a full 6 man crew out there with a few other crews.
MarkKnapik said Oct 11, 2012 13:24:07
I'm interested in this. I'll see about bringing my crew out. If not, I'll just join in with another crew. I like the Engineering station.
Login below to reply: