Members | Sign In
All Forums > Bridge Crew Comms

Saturday Night Flights

posted Sep 19, 2012 15:00:52 by FraserSulatycki
Sort of a fork of "Looking for a group" I felt it best to make my own thread for organizing games on Saturdays.

Normally we play Saturdays at 9:30pm EST. I'm based near Detroit, Mi and run the server. Communication is over TS on Canada.PublicTeamSpeak.com in the channel TSN Cavy PW guineapig since we can make make our own temporary channels and lock it to keep others out. Server IP will be announced in there since I'm on a dynamic IP and its easier to give it there. I am typically on TS 30-45 minutes before game start to set up the channel on TS and wait for everyone.

In past we normally have 3 people crewing the ship: Myself, Missy, and William (haven't made up awesome nicknames yet, but we are working on it). I'm normally Captain/Engineering/Science, Missy is Helm, and William is Weapons/Comms. I captain the first run at least then its open to anyone who wants to give it a shot if they want the challenge. If you want weapons or helm, just ask in chat, and all other stations are open for anyone that want to try them.

Missions have just been invasion where we run around and kill stuff on interesting or very interesting maps. Ships vary from light cruiser to dreadnaught depending on the consensus of the crew. Only thing we haven't flows in the scout, but that can be changed. Overall we keep the runs flexible and try to make it fun and challenging.

My goal with this crew is to play every Saturday and have fun, and maybe get enough people to run multiple ships. Technically you can run a ship with just 2 people, but 3 works better. So post up if you are interested in flying with us!
[Last edited Sep 19, 2012 15:01:41]
page   first prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next last
250 replies
FraserSulatycki said Nov 01, 2012 18:52:09
Ok, sorry about the last 2 weeks. I was unable to commit to playing, but I'm back once more to fly our ship and fight the good fight. Once again aiming to be playing at 9:30PM EST as usual in the same TS server, in the channel TSN Cavy. Missy and I will be there so all are welcome to join in for a night of good fun and fights.
ritzwald said Nov 01, 2012 21:33:47
I am go for tonight. If we have issue with to many people on the server at once, I have a remote host that can handle the workload that is hosted in a data center. I can fire it up remotely at a moments notice.

HMS. FancyPants will be in the fight!
Ed said Nov 02, 2012 00:03:16
I notice you're on HMS FancyPants.. I assume then that you're in Blighty? There's a few of us playing together; my Steam username is Xipheas if that's any good..
ritzwald said Nov 02, 2012 02:00:16
So I am going to start putting together a signup/webpage so we can figure out who is on what ship and get this Saturdays game kicking ass.
I will post the link here in a day or so and start getting things organized. We have 2 full ships on standby that are ready to kick ass, and room for many more.

If you have a ship and a crew, post an email here or steam name where I can reach you, along with a ship name, # of crew and which stations will be taken. I'll start organizing everything now'ish.
My steam name is "Shakorax" and just add me. We got Ed up there onboard and I got a full crew waiting to blow shit up!
PrestonEvans said Nov 03, 2012 00:05:49
Im interested, you got any interest in another ex military crewmember?
ritzwald said Nov 03, 2012 01:15:00
You probably would be the most skilled out of the rest of us that play. Think of it as if you found yourself on McHales Navy.
But yes! The more the merrier!
Welcome aboard!
FraserSulatycki said Nov 03, 2012 01:27:43
So we gearing up to play tomorrow or tonight? Not sure since I just checked my post and it seems I was a little ambiguous at first.
ritzwald said Nov 03, 2012 01:56:52
Let do tomorrow as thats when Ive been organizing the people on steam to hop on.
FraserSulatycki said Nov 03, 2012 03:18:50
Ok, sounds good. I'll see you all then!
The-Flying-Dane said Nov 03, 2012 14:02:10
Any ship that could use a novice crewmember? I've only played this game once before with a crew, but I've tried to familiarize myself with all the stations by playing alone.
ritzwald said Nov 03, 2012 15:50:41
If you have time earlier in the the, can you fire up the server so we can try to work out the lag issue with multiple ships? Last time we tried that on your server, the helm control was shaky, and the main screen had really bad delay to the point it was like watching a stop motion video.
ritzwald said Nov 03, 2012 15:56:15
@The-Flying-Dane
We will have plenty of open stations you can hop on.

So far, this is what the duty roster looks like

CSV Cavy
Captain - FraserSulatycki
1st Ofc - Missy? (that her name)
Other position to be determined before start in Teamspeak

HSM FancyPants (Name to be possibly changed)
Captain / Helm - Me
Officers - Ed (from up above)
Scient/Comm - Lt. Mosher
Tactical - Ensign White

Hopefully we will get more so we can have just 1 member per station and get possibly a 3rd ship. If you want a specific station or to jump on a crew, the HMS FancyPants has no objection and I sure the Cavy would be happy to have you on board. Game time start at 9:30 PST. The channel might be online up to 2 hours earlier so we can work out teams and issues.

I also put together a steam group for using that as a recruitment source.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970733260/groups/
[Last edited Nov 03, 2012 23:21:01]
Charlie said Nov 03, 2012 23:10:54
Artemis 1701 here. We probably can't get in a game tonight, but it looks like you guys got a group so have a good time and we will try to be around next sat. Thx, Charlie.

Artemis 1701
PrestonEvans said Nov 03, 2012 23:56:07
Well, my girl isnt answering my phone, so i guess thats no date tonight, im game.
ritzwald said Nov 04, 2012 00:42:36
Who needs women when we got spaceships, right?!
Still waiting on the TS channel to be made.
Login below to reply: