Members | Sign In
All Forums > Off-topic

Mark's TNG Mod - V2.0

posted Jan 11, 2013 13:09:49 by MarkBell
Update - Big update. V2.0 kind of update. Slew of new ships available, both player and enemy. Just drop this on top of your old install, or delete the ST_TNG folder from your MOD directory and install these new ones. The .bat file installer is also updated. Pictures below updated as well.

I know there had been talk of Vorus and Martok releasing a TNG mod at some point, but my crews have been using one I based on TreChipman's TMP mod so I figured I'd release it for general use. Most of the models are from either Star Trek: Bridge Commander or Armada mods, there are some from www.trekmeshes.ch, and some from Blender Star Trek Meshes. There are a number of UI changes, sound effects, and opening and closing music. I basically used the same formula as Vorus/Martok/TreChipman from here, just with the relevant numbers. There was some fudging since special effect weapons of the Breen and Borg don't work here, but overall I think it's pretty good. I also decided to standardize the speed and turning ratios based on a rather complex (probably unnecessary) formula, but all the ships (player and enemy) follow the same formula. Some of the ships came from the TMP mod, and their stats have been updated to the most modern numbers available here. I included 2 different base types so you can change the bases to Orbital Mining Stations if you like :) In 1.661 it would randomly select the base types from the file, although 1.7 seems to only pick one. In either case, the mod (should be) fully compatible with 1.661 and later (no real issues so far), it should be compatible with most missions (as long as they left generic loopholes in their vessel declarations), and it's pretty fun, if I do say so myself.

Most of the graphic UI is from Adam's Star Trek Mod.

I've included a mod loader (based off the TMP mod loader - seeing a pattern here?) to load up the TNG mod and return it to stock. Ok, enough talk.

Favorite ships and bases from TNG, DS9, and Voyager!

Epic Battles with old foes and modern allies!

Don't get cocky, as you may be overwhelmed if you're not careful...

Please transmit to Starfleet.... We have engaged... The Borg.

Player Ship List:
Lieutenant Grade

00 Miranda
01 Centaur
02 Constitution Refit
03 Constellation
04 Steamrunner
Commander Grade
05 Excelsior
06 Intrepid
07 Nova
08 Cheyenne
09 Saber
Captain Grade
10 Defiant
11 Ambassador
12 Nebula
13 Akira
14 Galaxy
Admiral Grade
15 Excelsior Refit
16 Intrepid Armored
17 Prometheus
18 Luna
19 Sovereign
Small Starship
20 Danube

Enemies - Klingons (8 different types + some elites), Romulans (9 different types + elites), Dominion (4 different types + elites), Cardassians (2 different types), Ferengi (1 type), and Borg (3 types)

Try it! See if you like it! Leave comments, flames, suggestions, etc below :)

Special thanks: Thom Robertson - for Artemis!! Vorus, Martok, and TreChipman - for their fantastic Star Trek Mods used as inspiration and as a base. TreChipman also for the work he did on several models and textures I shamelessly appropriated :) Various and sundry other folks for their input and assistance.

Mod pack here: rar file - stable release. Unzip and copy into your Artemis folder. If your operating system supports folder merging, then that should handle it.

V2 .AML file for Russ Judge's Artemis Mod Loader (may be simpler than dealing with this file mess): V2 aml file - it should be predefined in V 3.016+
[Last edited Jun 28, 2013 14:03:49]
page   first prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next last
170 replies
JSpaced said Jan 28, 2013 15:41:07
Cool upgrade! I'm updating the missions I've been working on. This is some nice stuff!
Question though: VesselData.xml - Negh'Var beam weapons: damage ="0" on all ports? Is that a typo?
"We should give him the send-off he deserves. He died saving us all. Prepare a Rocket-Shed for immediate launch."
MarkBell said Jan 28, 2013 15:50:48
sunofagrumblegrumble.... I thought I caught all of those. Hold please...
MarkBell said Jan 28, 2013 16:03:30
Ok, file modified, package updated. Download file should be all set, here's the vesselData file if you don't want to redownload the whole thing.
JSpaced said Jan 28, 2013 16:15:09
That's brilliant. But uh, the Centaur has a REALLY cosy interior. I guess a Centaur's crew love being up close and personal? Or has my download glitched somewhere?

Keep up the great work though, I am LOVING this mod. (I know, I know, stuck record.)
"We should give him the send-off he deserves. He died saving us all. Prepare a Rocket-Shed for immediate launch."
MarkBell said Jan 28, 2013 16:30:59
lol oy... Well, hunh. Looks ok here. Are any other ships like that?

And thanks, I've really enjoyed putting it together and playing it with my crew :) I also had a friend put together a new music score based on other star trek music - I'll post the list of songs and how they go together rather than the actual list, I think. Send me an email, though, and we can talk.
JSpaced said Jan 28, 2013 20:20:03
Is there any chance you could post the Centaur.snt for download please? Thanks.
J
MarkBell said Jan 28, 2013 20:56:04
No problem. Are any of the other models giving you the same issues?
MarkBell said Jan 28, 2013 21:07:21
Strike that - I was using an old version of the file. The above link is to the corrected, newer version. .rar also updated. le sigh... Anything else you noticed?
JSpaced said Jan 29, 2013 10:06:08
Not yet. I'm still scratching my head, working through the "Create" command and updating my missions. Will let you know though. To be fair, this is a tiny niggle in a brilliant piece of work. Did you use the ship editor to create the SNT files? I found it v. difficult to get to grips with.
JSpaced said Jan 29, 2013 11:02:17
Hmm, C++ failed assertions, but at the moment, setting compatibility to Windows XP SP2 seems to be working.
J
MarkBell said Jan 29, 2013 11:04:40
Indeed I did use the Ship Editor - largely because I don't know of any other way to do it :-) I suspect what happened was I created a .snt for a different centaur model I was using (at a much smaller model scale) and then replaced the model with a bigger one, losing track of which .snt went where. All the new ships, at least, should have no problem (since there's only one .snt for then that I know of). If anyone had a more precise way of creating .snt's, please let me know!
MarkBell said Jan 29, 2013 11:05:38
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... In the mission you launched? Our does it happen in invasion mode too?
JSpaced said Jan 29, 2013 11:07:35
In the mission I've created. But it was built using the TNG MOD v1. so there's plenty to fix on it.
It seems to work (to a certain degree) with the Mission Editor, but some stuff needs to be done by hand.
MarkBell said Jan 29, 2013 13:10:13
Fair enough. I was making a mission that just loaded every ship in the mod, spread out on a grid so I could do a video flyby for funsies, but I kept getting assert errors. There may be a problem with one of the ship models or something, so I'll keep looking into it.
RussJudge said Jan 29, 2013 13:33:22
Mark: If you identify the issue, I'd love to know--I'd like to put some kind of validation in the Mod Loader that catches issues like this before you end up pulling out all your hair.
Russ
Author of Artemis Mod Loader.

Login below to reply: